• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nrl hunter/ hunting scope

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
I’m considering a few scopes that may fit the bill. Mag range min 20x on the top end and I guess up to 35 on the high. I’ve spent so much on glass lately trying to keep this in 2200 with mount ball park. 33 ounces, illumination not a big deal for me. Mostly considering:
Mark 5 hd pr1 or 2 mostly in 5-25 but the 7-35 is only a few ounces heavier (no experience with this scope)

Nx8 2-20 ( I had several of these when they came out and the eye box was really finicky for me but heard this may have been improved)
Nx8 4-32 ( no experience with this scope) either would be milc or mil xt
I also have a 4-16 Atacr on a gas gun I could pull and see how that works

Currently running a kahles k525i and it’s right at the top of the weight I like, great scope. I love it except the msr 2 ret. Option would be try to find one with a skmr variant but would be hard pressed to find one even used in my price range

All my other scopes are 40 oz plus so no go go. Priorities reticle followed closely by glass then weight and durability. Thoughts?

I’m considering a few scopes that may fit the bill. Mag range min 20x on the top end and I guess up to 35 on the high. I’ve spent so much on glass lately trying to keep this in 2200 with mount ball park. 33 ounces, illumination not a big deal for me. Mostly considering:
Mark 5 hd pr1 or 2 mostly in 5-25 but the 7-35 is only a few ounces heavier (no experience with this scope)

Nx8 2-20 ( I had several of these when they came out and the eye box was really finicky for me but heard this may have been improved)

Currently running a kahles k525i and it’s right at the top of the weight I like, great scope. I love it except the msr 2 ret. Option would be try to find one with a skmr variant but would be hard pressed to find one even used in my price range

All my other scopes are 40 oz plus so no go go. Priorities reticle followed closely by glass then weight and durability. Thoughts?
Trade your 525 for one with a SKMR4. You’ll be much happier. 👍🏼

Or, you can probably get a newest gen K624i SKMR4 from @Euro.Connor over at EuroOptic for about your price range. 👍🏼

Reactions: codym
Bullet Central had the Element Theos 6-36x for $1958. It weighs 36 ounces. Might be out of stock already though.

• Love
Reactions: YotaEer
The most popular I’ve seen at NRL is the Leupold Mark 5 and the NF NX8 4-32.

Durability would be first on my priority list. Without durability the other priorities are meaningless.

Reactions: dirtytough
Bullet Central had the Element Theos 6-36x for $1958. It weighs 36 ounces. Might be out of stock already though.

I've had all the scopes you've listed, and the Element Theos is superior to all of them. I can't recommend it highly enough. I also have the Element Nexus Gen 2 4-25x, which is 30 oz. Same everything, just smaller.

These are essentially slimmed down Razor Gen 3/Zeiss S3. These really should get more attention, especially at their prices you can find from Hide Dealers

Reactions: codym