• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NRL Hunter LRF Question

nickw

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Western MA
Anyone run a monocular LRF like the Revic BR4 in NRL hunter type matches? I know a LRF bino is better (easier / more natural to look through) for finding and ranging targets, but wonder if anyone has found success with a Revic or similar? Thanks.

I used a revic br4 at an NRL Hunter match. Worked great for me.
Trouble was sometimes getting back on the target after locating with binos.
I personally wouldn't recommend only using the br4 to locate the targets.
It was my first match and I shot skills so take my opinion for what it's worth.

I believe Collin Fossen won the overall NRL Hunter season finale last year using a separate LRF and binos, mounted side by side on a rail.

I'm not very serious about nrl hunter, but I have shot a few matches with separate binos and rangefinder around my neck. I have shot fairly well and not timed out much. The first day of my first match was a shitshow. After that, I realized that I needed naked eye landmarks for every target just like shooting prs. Then timing out stopped being a problem. The last couple matches I have been shooting as a team. My partner shoots first and struggles with time management, so there have been several stages where I have had under 60 seconds to load the gun and shoot, some under 45 seconds. I think the few seconds saved with rangefinding binos would be beneficial, as I timed out squeezing the trigger on the last shot 4 times in one match and 5 times in another in those situations. In those instances, 10 seconds per match would have been good for 8-10 points. For a half second or so per stage of time that is a shitload of points.

You can get by with separate, especially if you are fast (I'm not). If you are extremely competitive you will likely encounter a scenario where you wished you had rangefinding binos.

Reactions: verdugo60