• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on the FN FS2000 Rifle

dawgkiller

Innocent Bystander
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I am thinking about buying one of these FS2000 bullpups. Anyone have positive or negative experience with this gun?

Thanks

Re: Opinions on the FN FS2000 Rifle

Shot one, had an absolutely horrible trigger, and an overall clunky feel. Personally I think it is ugly as sin. In my opinion there are better things to spend your money on.

If you do get one, I recommend removing the rubber wipes that hold the magazine in place. It makes operation easier and faster.

Also, the wide battleship prow of a handgrip up front just happens to have a 1" disc area up front that is very easy to cut out and slap a Surefire G2 in there and hold it in place. Add a tapeswitch rear cap to the GT2, run the wire out the rear weep hole of the handgrip, and you've got an integrated weapon light.

I like the FS2000 and bullpups in general, but in the end I didn't feel it was good enough to justify its rather high price. Given the competition out there, these things need to be more like $1200-$1300 IMO.

My father has one, I like it. I would def grab my AR before the FS2000 when the zombies attack but its still cool to shoot!

I bought an FS2000 and PS90 around the same time last year. I sold the FS a couple of months ago and still have the PS90. I quickly got bored with the FS after I picked up a KAC SR-15. It does have a horrible trigger. Mine went back to FNH twice for repairs. One time for a broken firing pin spring and the second time for a bolt replacement.

One thing I remember now about the FS2000 is that they don't sell replacement parts. If a part breaks you can't just order a replacement, you have to send the whole damn rifle to them where they replace the part and send the rifle back.

This also means there is no way to buy spare parts.

If you call Browning you can get someone on the phone who can help you with individual parts. I was able to buy a spare firing pin/spring assembly which I still have in fact!

This is what turned me off the FS2000. Skip to the towards the end when they are using it for CQB and pay attention to the slow down portion you will see the barrel whipping around almost just as bad as a AK. Before seeing this one in action I really thought about getting one just because its different config than an AR. http://www.hulu.com/watch/349971/top-shot-swat-throwdown#s-p1-so-i0

Makes a cool tactical wheel chock or door stop.....

I like the AUG and the bullpup design but they just do not "feel" as good as a conventional rifle or carbine. I think the trigger blows on all of them I have tried as well.

Its way ahead of a PS90 but I would opt for a conventional gun.

pros:
-forward ejection
-overall length
-2 position/adjustable gas system
-piston gas system runs cool

cons:
-trigger pull, which can be improved by pre-loading the trigger by putting a rubber pad in front of it, so it doesn't return to the full forward position after each shot
-no last round bolt hold open
-mag release takes a fair amount of force and travel compared to an AR.
-can't use Pmags. Emags take modification, or so I hear. So plan on running standard USGI 30 round mags.
-factory back up irons sights are really last ditch use only.

I love the feel of shooting a HALO rifle from the future. The only thing I did not like was the heavy trigger pull. This is the only reason I did not buy one. It shot well though. I went with an MSAR and installed a Trigger Tamer on it.

I love mine! I like it more every time I shoot it too, and it's now my favorite rifle. It does have it's detractors, but IMO those aren't a huge deal. Mine has been 100% reliable 100% of the time, and is a very clean shooting rifle. It does take some time to get used to, especially if your coming from the AR platform. The feeling, and mag changes are way different. Don't expect it to be an AR, and be willing to learn a new platform and I'm sure you'll like it. I'll disagree with one of the others, and say this would be my first pick for a Zombie apocalypse/SHTF scenario. You can buy spare parts too, they just aren't as cheap or prevalent as AR parts. Check out the FN forum if your still on the fence, lots of good people and info to be found there.

Devil

+1 on the FS2000. I really enjoy mine. Scoped it as a DMR and it is holding it's own with the other sticks. The trigger simply needs to be trained to. Zero issues with mine.

I own 2 fs2000s a black and green one..it's fun to shoot, compact and easy to hold but the trigger is horrible...one of the cool features is the front eject port..it helps from pelting the shooter next to you with hot brass and policing your area much easier

I bought one two and half years ago, and sold it after owning it for a year. It's manual of arms was too different, since my primary rifle is an AR. It had issues detonating some hard mil spec primers - although this can be fixed. In the end, I decided to spend my time and money elsewhere.

I have one and like it. Added a match barrel from hi desert dog and modded the trigger with a $25 dollar Neu Trigger, which took a couple of pounds off of the pull. It's a lot of fun to shoot, but no more than my ARs. Also have the MSAR e4, but like the FS2k better. No proble,s with its functioning after 1,000+ rounds.

Thanks for the help. I ended up buying one at a good deal that is like new, but it is a 2007 model so I hope that I didn't pick a lemon.