• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phoenix Rod and Gun Club?

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2020
Anyone here a member at Phoenix Rod and Gun?

I got a chance to visit my uncle's gun club in NM last year and the set up is amazing. Been thinking about signing up for something similar in Arizona.

Anyone know of any good facilities in the Phoenix Metro area (outdoors)?

I like Ben Avery (it's my most local place), but want something a bit less micro managed.

I'm still working on my personal range gear for shooting out in the desert, but not quite there yet. Looking for a good facility with 200+ meters available.

Reactions: 1skrewsloose
Cowtown is near lake pleasant. Due west of Ben Avery.

I got a chance to visit my uncle's gun club in NM last year and the set up is amazing. Been thinking about signing up for something similar in Arizona.

I like Ben Avery (it's my most local place), but want something a bit less micro managed.

I'm still working on my personal range gear for shooting out in the desert, but not quite there yet. Looking for a good facility with 200+ meters available.
What gun club in NM?

Rio
East Valley

Been there a few times. Long drive for me, but I definitely haven't counted it out.

That is just about perfect! Thanks. Glad I asked. (y)

What gun club in NM?
Del Norte, I believe.

Hands down best CLUB to join.

No RO’s telling you what to do, pay your fee, get a gate code and shoot till sun down.

Only range worth my money in the valley. I have a membership and don’t even live there anymore. It’s worth it.

The steel bay is super fun. 500yd long range.

Get a tour from the RO M-F and you will want to join.

Hands down best CLUB to join.

No RO’s telling you what to do, pay your fee, get a gate code and shoot till sun down.

Only range worth my money in the valley. I have a membership and don’t even live there anymore. It’s worth it.

The steel bay is super fun. 500yd long range.

Get a tour from the RO M-F and you will want to join.
I will definitely check it out. Thank you!

This.cowtown has steel to almost 1k yards. Hundreds of pieces of steel. Pistol bays and short range bays fill out in advance when its good hours, but long range bays are pretty accessible. Its not cheap, but worth it if you are not too far away.

Cowtown has been oversold for memberships,,,,better plan in advance if you want to shoot there.

Rio has a high power range to 500 meters,,,,once you shoot a few f class match’s, you qualify to shoot on that range with no range officers. Steel to 500 meters. Not bad for load work ups. You can set up paper to 500

Just moved to the area shot at Rio with my sister a few years back, would love to catch up with some of you all. Any better times to go out at rio of pheonix rod and gun?

Just wait till its 115* out. Plenty of space available 😂🤣.
True though, its busy and tough to get bays

I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to that stuff... lol. 115 won't stop me!

• Love
Reactions: Jgunner
Just moved to the area shot at Rio with my sister a few years back, would love to catch up with some of you all. Any better times to go out at rio of pheonix rod and gun?
Weekdays are best if you don’t like crowds.

Also check their website for the club calendar. They made some changes (for the better IMO) to allow for more time at 500yds

Reactions: seansmd and phxfa
During the self directed cease fires, you can drive out to your target. Nice when it’s 115 out

I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to that stuff... lol. 115 won't stop me!
It’s usually when i go. Light later out too. Nobody there. Can run over your time slot a tiny bit.

During the self directed cease fires, you can drive out to your target. Nice when it’s 115 out
Thats the best part. Not having mandated 15min shooting strings. I get why it works other places. Nice to be able to just ask the fellow to the right or left.

Sometimes I drive to the 100yd line just cause it’s 115F out and why not 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Naaman
I've never been to that particular one, but I've always favored the Madison Avenue Rod, Gun, Bloody Mary, and Labrador Retriever Benevolent Association.

I finally got out to the range at PRGC.

All I did was sight in a few rifles, but it was actually productive time spent for the ammo expenditure.

If you don't have your own range, a gun club is worth considering.