• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pointing the 69 SMK

Huckleberry75

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Has anyone pointed the .224/69gn SMK? I am curious as to what increase in BC was observed. Now I understand that a 77 or 80 SMK would reap greater benefits from pointing, but my 9tw is not the best for stabilizing those heavier pills. The 69's shoot lights out, and I am just thinking about tinkering to get a smidge more out of the little pop gun. TIA

I personally don't like the idea of deforming the jacket of a bullet. I've spoke with Sierra before about doing this with their 300gr SMKs and they said do not do it. While you might get more superficial uniformity you will be altering the profile of the bullet and in turn it won't perform as intended. If they're already shooting great I especially wouldn't fool with them.