• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Prayer Request Thread

My son took his own life yesterday. Unbeknownst to me and his mother, he had begun taking an antidepressant about a month ago. Thursday his dr upped the dosage because he wasn't seeing any results.
He was so desperate to find some kind of relief for his suffering. I prayed, we all did, for his healing. He's no longer suffering. He left behind a wonderful loving wife and 2 beautiful children, 3 and 1. He was a saved child of God and an ordained Baptist preacher. Please forgive me if I don't get back here for quite a while. Thank you all once again for praying for a troubled 35 yr old in La. God bless.

@mtrmn ...

Words escape me. Tears flow for you and your family. Deepest condolences.

Lord God, please be with this family in this dark hour. By your grace, provide everything they need in Christ to weather this storm and remain faithful to you.

Prayers lifted to all of you that are in need. @UKDslayer @akmike47 @powdahound76 and everyone else.

Be anxious for nothing... Ph 4:6

My son took his own life yesterday. Unbeknownst to me and his mother, he had begun taking an antidepressant about a month ago. Thursday his dr upped the dosage because he wasn't seeing any results.
He was so desperate to find some kind of relief for his suffering. I prayed, we all did, for his healing. He's no longer suffering. He left behind a wonderful loving wife and 2 beautiful children, 3 and 1. He was a saved child of God and an ordained Baptist preacher. Please forgive me if I don't get back here for quite a while. Thank you all once again for praying for a troubled 35 yr old in La. God bless.

I am very sorry for your loss and the tragic events.
I am going to say you should put the blame pretty hard on the stupid and possibly willfully evil Doctor that put your son on those meds without telling his family and upped his dosage for no good reason.
There is a very good reason to believe that your son was not properly himself and was not able to think clearly or logically at the time due to the effects of the meds.

Those meds are WELL known and PROVEN to cause serious suicidal issues for young people and should never be given to some younger person without a good support system all knowing what they are on and what to expect.

Those antidepressant meds are handed out with almost criminal disregard for their well known effects.
Going on them, changing the dose or getting off them are extremely dangerous times and not something to take lightly.

I'd seriously go after that doctor and try to get their licence permanently revoked as well as going after a malpractice suit.

Damn sorry for your loss,I know my words can’t even begin to help your situation.

Wow, sorry for you and your family at all levels! Prayers 🙏from a Coonass down the road. :cry: :cry:

@mtrmn

Sorry for your loss. My mother and my first wife both committed suicide. With my gun. Same gun, years apart.

What I can say is that while you may not "get over it," you will get on with it. We build up scars and scar tissue and that gives us strength to get on with our lives.

You will keep his love alive and carry on with his children and your DIL.

May God bless you and your family and the friends who can be there to help with rides, baby-sitting, etcetera.

@mtrmn Sorry for your loss.

He is now in the hands of the great doctor in the sky. Not the method of getting there that we wanted, but he is there in His hands. He will get the help that he needs now.

Don't mean for this to sound flippant or anything, but you now have another family member to volunteer to be a guardian angel for your family. Who else has your families best interests at heart and can help us the best than our own family? Remember it's not so long, it's see you later on the other side.

I am so sorry @mtrmn for your loss; I will lift your family up in prayers as you grieve. I can't imagine your pain. Ephesians 1:11, Ecclesiastes 3:1-4. Hard to accept, but our all knowing God knew this time would happen. He is our refuge and our strength.

Last edited:
That's a hell of a thing to endure. I hope everyone can move forward after some time. I cant possibly fathom how everyone involved will be hurt from this. I wish you all the best. Life can suck sooo bad sometimes. Remember, everything eventually comes out in the wash. I promise, you will find a way to keep moving through life.

Sorry for your loss buddy!

Member jpjulian’s son was hurt in a motocross accident over the weekend. Pretty serious brain injury and surgery. He posted this on another thread here in the pit, but I thought I would put it here so some prayer warriors could lift him up. Thanks.
My son, wife and I all raced motocross, it is a great family sport, but tragedy can happen in a nano second. Prayers from our family as we have been there before. Gods blessings for you! Praying for the best.