• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Premier 3-15 Zeroing Issue

FromMyColdDeadHand

40X Mafia
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2008
CO
At the range to switch scope to a new rifle, kill some dirt clods on the 200 yard berm to get my Premier 3-15 on an LMTMWS close to zero and then polish it on paper at 100. Flip the locks on the windage and elevation dial them to zero, flip them back. Verify zero. Windage correct, 6mils off (all adjustment) on elevation. Hmm. Dial the knobs to get the poi/poa. Flip the elevation turret. Loosed the flip lock a bunch of turns and dialed the 6mils off. Confirm the Zero- 6mils off....

POI/POA spinning the knob. Loosen the zero. Slip the cap up a little bit and re-zero, and press it all the way back down. Talking about a 1mm rise, not much. Gain about 3 mils. Do that twice and I have the elevation where I want it. Scope tracks perfectly now. Does the scope need some cleaning under the cap? Little afraid to pull cap off if there are demons underneath. What lube to use?

I've owned two Premier LT's, absolutely loved those scopes (and regret getting rid of them), they are the older sister to the TT315M which is supposed to improve on an already amazing optic. Anyway, you kinda lost me in the minutia there. You're saying after a lot of fiddling you finally got the scope to track perfectly but not sure if I understand how you got there or why it wouldn't track initially? When you ask about pulling the cap off and what lube, are you inferring that the turret is hard to turn? Are you not fully seating the cap when you are tightening the set screws and if so why?

The Premier 3-15 I have has the flip lock on the turret top to engage and un-engage the cap. Yes, I thought the cap might be sticking somehow when I disengaged the flip lock, so I was messing with it a bit and as I twisted it, it rose a bit, then I put pushed it back down. That seemed to loosen things. That is why I thought I needed to perhaps get under there. Just didn't know what the internals looked like. Most knobs are pretty simple, these Premier knobs seem to work on a different principle.

I've owned two Premier LT's, absolutely loved those scopes (and regret getting rid of them), they are the older sister to the TT315M which is supposed to improve on an already amazing optic. Anyway, you kinda lost me in the minutia there. You're saying after a lot of fiddling you finally got the scope to track perfectly but not sure if I understand how you got there or why it wouldn't track initially? When you ask about pulling the cap off and what lube, are you inferring that the turret is hard to turn? Are you not fully seating the cap when you are tightening the set screws and if so why?

I dont think the Premier LTs have the bicycle axle type flip locks. The OPs scope has the tool less zero feature.

Interesting you bring this up as this passed summer I was at a class and when I went to establish my zero I flipped the lever loosened and tried the change by plus or minus a point mil a few times but nothing seemed to change it. I just ended up dialing .1 under 0.

Next time with this in mind I'll try that little "up, down" on the turret to see if it "loosens" stuff to allow the zero adjustment.

I'm on a trip right now away from my scope. When I get home in a controlled place, I'll pull the turret off and see what is going on. We have really fine red dirt/sand here in CO and I've never CLA'd the scope in years. It tracks fine, it just zero adjusts funny. I have the scope in a unimount that should allow me to work it on ARs and bolt guns. Being able to confidently swap zeros would be a nice thing- and one of the biggest features of the scope.

I'm on a trip right now away from my scope. When I get home in a controlled place, I'll pull the turret off and see what is going on. We have really fine red dirt/sand here in CO and I've never CLA'd the scope in years. It tracks fine, it just zero adjusts funny. I have the scope in a unimount that should allow me to work it on ARs and bolt guns. Being able to confidently swap zeros would be a nice thing- and one of the biggest features of the scope.
sir,
how do you take the turrets off of Premier Tacs? I have a several and would enjoy cleaning the undersides if the process is safe and easy.
thansk

I saw a picture online where some one was comparing the turrets ona Premier versus TT, so I know they can come off, somehow. Mine slipped a bit when I had the flipper loose.

Not sure it's advised to remove them but to do so just release the lock lever and completely unscrew it. Then pull cap up and they will come off.