• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Press for 375 cheytac

padfoot 37

Nerd
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2021
Idaho
Apologize if its been covered already, I have a rcbs rebel press im using for my 338lm and other rounds, at some point i would like to get into bigger rifles like the 375ct but cant seem to find if this press will load that. Thanks for you time, my googling hasnt come up with an answer.

I used an RCBS Ammomaster and later a Redding Ultramag for the Cheytac cases. That case family is in an intermediate size where most presses where you can comfortably load .338LM, you can uncomfortably load Cheytac. Using the bigger .50BMG scale presses to load Cheytac cases feels like load .308WIN in a Rockchucker.

Sometimes the biggest limitation with normal presses isn’t the height of the loading window; it’s the ability to easily use 1-1/4” dies.

I used an RCBS Ammomaster and later a Redding Ultramag for the Cheytac cases. That case family is in an intermediate size where most presses where you can comfortably load .338LM, you can uncomfortably load Cheytac. Using the bigger .50BMG scale presses to load Cheytac cases feels like load .308WIN in a Rockchucker.

Sometimes the biggest limitation with normal presses isn’t the height of the loading window; it’s the ability to easily use 1-1/4” dies.
I just had a 375 Cheytac built and if I buy a press to handle it all,...Which one would you recommend?

Not sure about the 375. I have the above press just in case I want to start playing with the 50. I have sized cases only with Imperial sizing wax, and it's not that big of a deal. I have done 338 LM, and they're easy, plenty of space.

It's so beefy, that I tend to use it for sizing vs my other presses.

As far as table clearance, my 550 takes up more space.

Reactions: TreyMeTrey
ok.
Not sure about the 375. I have the above press just in case I want to start playing with the 50. I have sized cases only with Imperial sizing wax, and it's not that big of a deal. I have done 338 LM, and they're easy, plenty of space.

It's so beefy, that I tend to use it for sizing vs my other presses.
Thank you.

I run a RCBS Rockchucker Supreme.
with the RCBS Rockchucker Supreme can you set the brass and bullet straight in or do you have to tilt it into the seating die before seating the new bullet?

Simplex Magnum Press...158mm stroke.. 375CT with 407 Berger VLD in pic..

Attachments

• 20220824_185357.jpg
    20220824_185357.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 110
Simplex Magnum Press...158mm stroke.. 375CT with 407 Berger VLD in pic..
Thank you.. I like that. Thats the type of press. I want to buy. Where did you purchase it and about how much if you dont mind?

Havent tried it but i believe the Area 419 Zero press will work.
From the Area419 description on the Zero press capacity:

The opening in the press will allow for sizing and seating of cases up to 338LM, and will accept standard 7/8″ dies and standard shellholders (we prefer the Redding). The press CAN be used for Cheytac-class reloading, but may (depending on your die setup and bullet length) require you to “scoop” the bullet into the sizing die and down into the case before sizing.
In the above quote, I think they meant to say Seating instead of Sizing.

Matthews_429228_C_Clamp_with_1326286506_33173.jpg

with one jig to hold the case and another to hold the die twist and press only as percise as you want it to be and without a huge price tag .

Reactions: Beefmanne and BCX