• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Primers plentiful here again

MontanaMarine

MGySgt, Ret.
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2001
Canyon Ferry, MT
Stopped by Capital Sports in Helena today. Picked up 2000 CCI primers. Large rifle, and small rifle. Several thousand more on the shelf.

Also picked up a pound of RL17 to check out in the 308 and 30-06 with 208s.

Word from the clerk is that the shortage is over.

Re: Primers plentiful here again

Montana, let us know about the RL 17. I checked it on quickload and it doesn't look that amazing with the 30-06.

I beleive RL22 is THE powder for 200+ bullets in the 30-06. If RL17 can come close, and work well in the 308 with the 208s, I might adopt it as a powder for both cartridges just to simplify logistics.

I have used rl17 in .308 with good results.For 30.06, its 4895 that keeps the girls (Garand and 1917) singing along.

I've tried RL19. it is a pretty good match for the heavies in the 30-06, but in my experience '22 gets higher velocities at lower pressure.

In regards to a dual purpose powder (308/30-06) RL19 is just too slow to be suitable in the 308. At any rate, I'll see how '17 does in the 30-06. If it is within say 100 fps of RL22, it might get the nod for both cartridges on my loading bench.

I've been waiting for it to come available to try it out for a good while.

Outstanding. Hopefully the 'wealth' will spread South
smile.gif