• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Proof custom contour?

DynamicAccuracy

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Mexico, MO
A friend is going to have a custom action for sale pretty cheap. Thinkin of snatching it up for a 7 Sherman Short build I've been wanting to do. I know I want a carbon barrel but I'd like to have one that is 28" 1.250 straight contour. Curious if anybody knows if proof will do custom contours. I know carbon six will but I haven't heard many range reports on them. I know alot of guys are having awesome results with proof.

They’ll build you anything you want if you meet their minimum quantities for doing so. If it were me, I’d just do a 26” Sendero and call it a day.

Check out their new "Competion" contour. It's not a 1.25 straight, but it's pretty darn heavy. Bigger than MTU.

I looked online and couldnt find any info on the contour specs
https://precisionrifleblog.com/2019/01/05/best-rifle-barrel-2/

Clips from that article

Reactions: Sheldon N
I thought they had a straight bull carbon contour? Is that 1.2” at the shank?
Just spoke with proof today. They do offer a 1.200" straight contour in a carbon barrel but not in a .284 cal ?? wanting to do a 28" straight contour carbon barrel chambered in 7 sherman short MAX