• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Prvi Partizan 308 168 gr BTHP

TXBO

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2018
Houston, TX
Anybody have any experience with this round?

Looking for an alternative to Federal Gold Medal Match 168.

Any comparisons would be most helpful. Thanks a million.

I used it a few years ago. It's not terrible but it's no comparison for FGGM. Even in a 200 yd. reduced high-power match it was not as good. Out further than that would be a waste I think.

Reactions: TXBO
This is good to know since a bunch of the Prvi Partizan ammo seems to be available.

Reactions: TXBO
I used it a few years ago. It's not terrible but it's no comparison for FGGM. Even in a 200 yd. reduced high-power match it was not as good. Out further than that would be a waste I think.
That’s what I needed to know. Thanks a million.

I'm a member on a few other forums. On one, I recently asked a guy to check the water capacity of 10 new .308 Prvi cases. His results over just 10 cases had an extreme spread of 1.3gr. Not exactly what you need for running low ES and SD, and downrange accuracy will suffer.

However it wouldn't keep me from using it for plinking loads, or short range hunting loads.

Reactions: TXBO and canman
I tried some. Grouped fairly accurate at 100yds but the SD was in the mid-high 20s. I forget the ES but it wasn't good. Wouldn't shoot it for a match but decent practice ammo for inside 400yds if you don't hand load. My $.02.

i get decent results from ppu m80, but have not heard great things about the more expensive "match" ammo.

I think Prvi loads both a 168 gr bthp and a "match" load for a similar bullet. That might confuse matters somewhat.

Edit: yeah, the Prvi website has two different article numbers for the 168 gr .308 MATCH cartridge and the normal cartridge with the same style bullet. The bullets loaded in those two cartridges also have two different article numbers. I have a feeling that Prvi would sell a lot more of their match ammo if this was clearer for the customer.

Last edited: