• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

question on anschutz's

shibby575

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2007
IN
I have an opportunity to buy a couple of anschutz's. checking the values, and marketability. thanks for hte help in advance.

1st is a model 1432 .22 hornet

2nd is a mod 64 .22lr ms silhouette rifle

Re: question on anschutz's

the 1432 is based of the M54 action, a great rifle, will shoot with the best,

the M64 is the slightly less expensive model however the sillywet model is a mag model and wery suitable for any kind of hunting/target/tac shoot that one might like use it for.

As for value, I have no idea.

Best regards Chris

I have a 64 MPR that is a great allround target/tactical substitute for cheap practice [vs. centerfire]. It has just enough of a centerfire feel/weight to give good crosstraining.

I know the 54's are supposed to be better in the trigger and action [never played with one], but I can't figure that they are THAT much better[for the $}...my 64 trigger and accuracy are phenomenal!

Can't go wrong with any of the Annies.
FWIW
Wes

also values of resale for these rifles assuming the're in great shape. would be nice. that way i know i'm getting a good deal, and can recoup the cost if i don't like or decide to keep them. thanks again.

Is the 1432, a heavy barrel with the classic stock or sporter barrel with the rollover cheekpiece?

64MS, I've seen them go for as little as $400 up to $800. They made single shot models and clip fed repeaters. Repeaters bring toward the higher end of the scale.

i honestly don't know i haven't seen them. I go up next wednesday, to check them out. The only thing i know is to check for wear and tear and corosion. I know exactly nothing about these particular rifles. pointers would be great. i'm listing the discriptions that were given to me. thanks

Anchutz Mod. 1432
.22 Hornet with 4x12 Redfield scope
excellent condition

Anchutz Mod 64 MS
Silhouette rifle
.22 Long rifle
with 4x Bushnell air rifle scope

thanks again

Just an interesting note, the 1432 will probably be marked "Factory Ammo Only" on the top of the barrel. Anschutz doesn't want people loading them hot, I guess.

They're still quite a difference. The 64 action shoots very well but then the 54 action is superlative (BTW, do you know that this .22 RF as a recoil shoulder just like a CF rifle. In fact, Anschütz chambers the same rifle in .22 Hornet and .222 Rem). I own both actions, so my comparison is based on facts.

Anschtz1418-1.jpg

Anschütz 1418

Anschtz1710-1.jpg

Anschütz 1710