• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Real Deal Wilcox/KVC/RQE/etc vs Chicom Knock-Offs - Buy American???

I would be especially interested in a comparison between the Sotac and an Argus mount, if you own one. I've read multiple times that Argus is a higher quality version of Chinesium, superior to Sotac, but nobody has been able to explain why.

Imagine paying 600$ for a Wilcox Skeetir FTS mount with dubious QC when the 50$ SOTAC one work just fine.
Imagine funding the PLA by buying shit that funds R&D that will be used against Americans and their Allies one day.

Cool they can steal an idea and make a clone. Doubt it is materially the same and has not been tested( which is a large part of the cost in conjunction with low unit volume, it's niche). Trust your 12k BNVDs with it.

It's like using a set of Walmart rings between your AI and Tangent.

Imagine funding the PLA by buying shit that funds R&D that will be used against Americans and their Allies one day.

Cool they can steal an idea and make a clone. Doubt it is materially the same and has not been tested( which is a large part of the cost in conjunction with low unit volume, it's niche). Trust your 12k BNVDs with it.

It's like using a set of Walmart rings between your AI and Tangent.
Unfortunately, you have a point:
https://www.vermilionchina.com/p/unwitting-americans-support-the-chinese

One is real ($450), one is fake (eBay Sotac, $65 delivered).

I thought there would be more of a difference. If it weren’t for the fact that the “real” one has been used and has some marks, I legit can’t tell them apart. In fact, the dovetail locks up tighter on the Sotac.

This is nuts.

View attachment 8406023
View attachment 8406024

@ Horta, have you ever considered the Surefire lights @ SOTAC? and if so? were you able to get any "feedback" on the quality etc and if they would last on a "real" firearm? I know over on LF.net that a member tested some Somogear PEQ's & they held up pretty well (for what it is)
Cheers

Somewhat related to the earlier discussion:

"SANCTIONS IMPLICATIONS

As a result of today’s sanctions-related actions, and in accordance with E.O. 14024, as amended, all property and interests in property of the sanctioned persons described above that are in the United States or in possession or control of U.S. persons are blocked and must be reported to the Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Additionally, all individuals or entities that have ownership, either directly or indirectly, 50 percent or more by one or more blocked persons are also blocked.

All transactions by U.S. persons or within (or transiting) the United States that involve any property or interests in property of designated or otherwise blocked persons are prohibited unless authorized by a general or specific license issued by OFAC or exempt. These prohibitions include the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any blocked person and the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person."

From: https://www.state.gov/imposing-new-...nd-use-of-chemical-weapons-against-ukraine-2/

Search for IRAY.

Reactions: Milf Dots
Disclaimer:

I’m all for you spending your money wherever you want to. I love American products just as much as the next person but I absolutely agree with the OP, if two things are the same and one is significantly less expensive, that’s a hard thing to pass up.

The article below is a good read, and it’s eye opening. I posted it here to point out the genius of their strategy….flood the US market with inexpensive gear and use us as an R&D department. Gather our feedback, improve products, then equip the PLA with the improved product. The unfortunate (or fortunate) by-product of this game is that we get to enjoy some market variety and competition for our $$.

Unwitting Americans Support the Chinese Military Industrial Complex

Oh…and check out their article on Holosun too. Incredible investigative work on the author’s part:

Holosun - Chinese or American?

I've been posting on other forums for years, and here at SH since I joined, the hugely negative effects of buying OEM chinese products like Holosun, Olight, Fenix, Swampfox, Norinco and a bunch of other lesser known brands.

It's a distinctly different topic from "made in China" (which I also speak against) and the costs to the western world are so much worse with the former compared to the latter. Many people who agree with my views on this don't speak up because they're worried about their popularity on forums.