• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Recommend books

I was able to get all the way through Cormac McCarthy's "All the Pretty Horses" but wasn't liking the style and punctuation. Seemed it was done just to be odd and didn't really add anything of value. Maybe that's just me.

I am only about 3 chapters into this and it is being quite the hard read. Not because it is poorly written or anything it just pisses me off so much, my blood pressure keeps getting so high I can't focus on the words and need to set it down.

This is fair warning this shit will piss you off to no end.

1713964423421.png

Reactions: pilotjoe
1715699910576.jpeg

Just finished this one from Kurt Schlichter. It is fiction, but it is based on some current and very recent real events. It does get a little far fetched in a couple of spots, but for the most part is a believable portrayal of possible events. Not a bad read.

View attachment 8417957

Just finished this one from Kurt Schlichter. It is fiction, but it is based on some current and very recent real events. It does get a little far fetched in a couple of spots, but for the most part is a believable portrayal of possible events. Not a bad read.
About to finish it as well. Spot on review but I'll add, I think if an Qct 7th style event happened here, a few different twists would play out as well.

Reactions: pilotjoe
I’ve read or listened to most of Mark Goodwin’s books. They are prep for end of the world with some fairly well thought out Revelations, rapture and tribulation explanations woven in. Looking for something similar by another author.

1717155538021.png

I did not read this, but listened to it going to and from work. I got audible a little bit ago and had not really used it. This one was a free book, they have LOTS of free stuff, most of the "classics" are free.

Listening has some advantages over reading, for example I had no idea how to say his name. It is pronounced See moe for the first name, and High Ha for the last name. The guy reading it did a very good job with the names of the Finnish cities and areas so I think he is a speaker of the language, but there was no accent, if anything there was a tiny bit of a british accent, but not much.

A pretty good book, learned some things, one being I knew he was shot in the face, but I did not know it was an exploding bullet. How that did not kill him I have no idea. It sounds like he was a very private man, and did not like to talk of his war time experience, common with people that really did something. I have noticed the more quiet you are about it the more of a bad ass you are.

I would suggest this book to another, it was pretty good, and it seemed pretty short.

I think I might like this audible thing, as reading is starting to really bother my eyes. I can't sit and read like I once could, my eyes start to hurt.