• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing Recommendations for Mauser gunsmith

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
I have a 7RM rifle made on a Mark X (commercial mauser) action that does not extract the fired cartridges reliably and I am looking for a talented "mauser" gunsmith to help me get it right.

Recommendations?

Jim also gets stuff done in a pretty amazing time, too. I can only remember one rifle that took a full two weeks. He trued the action and barreled it, and installed his two position Mauser safety.

Before I did my own barrels Jim did mine and I would joke that some day I will get home from dropping off the barrel and there wold be a message on my machine telling me he was done. Rarely would a straight barrel install take more than a day. Jim builds some guns that are true works of art, think classic bolt action builds if I am in the area I sometimes stop by just to see what eye candy he is working on.

Reactions: sandwarrior