• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reloading the 50 BMG with Barnes 750 Solids

Bandit320

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2018
Missouri
Is anyone reloading this combo? The reloading data I have from Barnes lists a COAL of 5.450”. If I loaded it to that length it would put the driving band below the neck / shoulder junction, which doesn’t seem real smart. I loaded a couple up to where the driving band is right at the edge of the case mouth. This gives me a COAL of about 6.030”.

Does this sound about right? They chamber well, no resistance.

My rifle is a Noreen ULR. These bullets were a gift so I’m just trying a couple to start.

I would not burn up two dollars in powder and pop a 50 cent primer and do load development in a 50 just because I got some free bullets.

I would sell those bullets and get the bullet I actually wanted to shoot for an application in which reloading is this costly in terms of components.

Last edited:
Reactions: 375fan and st1650
better advice is in another recent thread: throw 236 grains of RL50 in a case with a CCI35 or RWS primer, and load a 750 AMAX to about 6" (I can measure for you later, I forget the exact COAL) - if that load doesn't shoot lights out in your gun...

Reactions: Bandit320