• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rem 700 "m24" Identification Question

mikeblake

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2023
Nevada
Wondering if anyone could give more insight into this build https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/1038480233 It looks to be a SA from the photos, and m24s are LA. Does anyone perhaps more insight into it? Much appreciated. Looks to also be a 2008 serial number if I'm not mistaken.

Serial number is C6873609

It's a clone, not authentic. Short action, lacking markings on both the receiver and barrel. Etc... etc...

I contacted the seller several times. They are aware. If you won this, contact them and they will void the purchase without leaving a bad transaction review for you.

They have to rely on the consigner's word a lot of times, and people will try to sell BS stories all the time. Sucks when it happens.

Reactions: mikeblake
That's what I got from it, I appreciate it. I was bidding on my phone, and got home and it looked really off.

I have some Rem 700 VS's with close serial numbers -C68624xx; C68528xx that i purchased from Bill Hicks Comany in about 1994.
Very accurate rifles.