• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington X-Mark Pro Adjustable - adjustability

tjf

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2010
New guy here. Just bought my first precision rifle. Remington SPS-T/Millett TRS-1/Larue hardware/Harris Bipod.

Took it to the range and had a blast.

That said, it REALLY needs a trigger. I like the break/creep/travel of the factory trigger. I just dont like the weight.

Is there any way to make an X-Mark Pro Adjustable ALOT lighter? The .5 lbs of downward adjustment I have on the external screw isnt going to cut it.

Detailed instructions would be fantastic as I have never owned/worked on a Rem 700 before

If I can get this trigger down to 1.5 lbs, I will keep it. If not, I will buy an aftermarket trigger.

Keep in mind, this is the new X-Mark Pro Adjustable with the external allen screw on the trigger face.

Thanks in advance. This forum has been a great wealth of information and greatly aided my first precision rifle purchase.

Re: Remington X-Mark Pro Adjustable - adjustability

*Sound of crickets chirping*

Was it something I said? I cant find any information on adjusting this trigger ANYWHERE. This was my last hope.

Should I just buy aftermarket?

No one reply to you is because this has been covered many times.

My advise:

1. fill out your profile, at least your location
2. try to use SH search engine Here for questions before you ask here.

Xmark pro trigger

Welcome to the Hide!!

Here is how i adjust them, get a 1/8" punch and remove the trigger throw it over your shoulder preferibly into deep water then replace the trigger with anything the old triggers are so much better with a little work and replacing the trigger spring they come up great. most aftermarket triggers are a lot better.

Also i see you have some expensive gear on the SPS the SPS model is a budget rifle the stock will need replacing they realy are not the precision rifle you probably thought you were getting.

Search the threads a lot of people purchase the 5R instead of the SPS because they are twice the rifle.

Also fill out your profile the crickets are there becauseyou have not spent the time to tell people who you are and where you are so why should they spend the time with you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Target In Sight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No one reply to you is because this has been covered many times.

My advise:

1. fill out your profile, at least your location
2. try to use SH search engine Here for questions before you ask here.

Xmark pro trigger

Welcome to the Hide!! </div></div>

I appreciate your reply, but I dont believe you are correct.

Before I asked, I searched extensively, and found tons of info on the old remington ribbed trigger and the original X-Mark pro... However, the new X-Mark Pro Adjustable is NOT like the old ribbed trigger or the previous X-Mark Pro. It is a different design.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also fill out your profile the crickets are there becauseyou have not spent the time to tell people who you are and where you are so why should they spend the time with you?

</div></div>

I am from Little Rock, Arkansas.

As a general rule, I dont like posting personal information on the internet. I apologize if that is offensive.

If 1.5 lbs is what you seek, you will need a new trigger.

That pull weight is outside of the design parameters of the trigger. Pushing the limits of a trigger's design is never a good thing.

I prefer a pre-2006 adjusted to 2.5-3 lbs.

Many shooter attempt to compensate for poor technique with a super light trigger. Last week while doing load development I shot a 3/4" 8-shot group with a heavy "tactical" two stage Armalite trigger.

Two of our three department LTR's have the adjustable X-Mark. Even our newest shooter can put in sub-MOA groups with it.

My suggestion is to dial it down to 3-4 lbs and learn proper trigger technique and follow though. Then you can amaze your friends when they bitch about their triggers and you can slap down amazing shots with their rifle.

Ok, I have the same trigger and according to the instructions that came with it, it is set at 3 1/2lbs. Now you can adjust the trigger +/- 2lbs. So you can go to 1 1/2lbs to 5 1/2lbs. What I did was take the damn adjustment screw completely out of the trigger. To me it feels around 1lb to 1 1/2lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zech</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I have the same trigger and according to the instructions that came with it, it is set at 3 1/2lbs. Now you can adjust the trigger +/- 2lbs. So you can go to 1 1/2lbs to 5 1/2lbs. What I did was take the damn adjustment screw completely out of the trigger. To me it feels around 1lb to 1 1/2lbs. </div></div>

I thought the same thing, then I read the fine print. It has 2.5 lbs of adjustment... but only .5 lbs is downward adjustment.
cry.gif

I called Remington and asked if it could be adjusted further internally. They gave me the P.C. answer: "that trigger is only manufactured to work in its normal range of adjustment. Attempting to further lighten it would be unsafe."

I couldnt answer your question because I dont know where you live. East of the Mississippi it takes a whole different set of wrenches. I would explain but I need to go change my diaper.
wink.gif

If you want to go below a pound on the trigger its best to replace the trigger.

Had to give you some heck. Best of luck with your new rifle!

Ever think that the "P.C. answer" may be the right answer?

Nah, that's never the case. Dick with the trigger all you want. After all it's the only think keeping the bullet from ripping though unintended targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
That pull weight is outside of the design parameters of the trigger. Pushing the limits of a trigger's design is never a good thing.</div></div>

I totally agree with that. That is why I asked here beofre I let some local gunsmith start hacking away at it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two of our three department LTR's have the adjustable X-Mark. Even our newest shooter can put in sub-MOA groups with it.</div></div>

I as able to shoot a .5 MOA 3 shot group with it last weekend at 100 and 200 yds. I just dont like the weight. I feel like I am adding pressure FOREVER and then when it does break, it catches me by suprise. I do like certain suprises, but I dont like to be suprised by a gun discharging.
grin.gif

Re: Remington X-Mark Pro Adjustable - adjustabilit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If 1.5 lbs is what you seek, you will need a new trigger.
</div></div>

Check with Neil Keller at Kustom Ballistics in Indiana. While he was building my 6.5x47 he worked some magic on my X Mark Pro. It is right at the 1.5 pound mark with no creep or over travel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ever think that the "P.C. answer" may be the right answer?

Nah, that's never the case. Dick with the trigger all you want. After all it's the only think keeping the bullet from ripping though unintended targets. </div></div>

I sense some hostility from alot of the posts in here. If you guys want me to go away, I will politely bow out of your forum. I just thought this was a place to ask questions about precisiion rifles.

"walking on egg shells", lots of it going on in here.

good luck with what you're trying to accomplish.

TJF

I have two rifles with the X-Mark trigger one I have at a SAFE 24 ounces, the other at again a SAFE 28 ounces. That is the lightest I can go safely with either one. The trigger is ok,
but it's a long way from a Jewell.

Danny

Re: Remington X-Mark Pro Adjustable - adjustabilit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: daguyfromlv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"walking on egg shells", lots of it going on in here.

good luck with what you're trying to accomplish. </div></div>

haha yup that's about it.. Just watch what you say. Iv slowed down
mynumber of postings. I think it's just how they welcome you to the
hide..
smile.gif
just watch what where and when And how you say it. It's easy
to get ripped a new one in here.. I now have several new ones.. Just
a warning I never was never given haha :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dreever</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TJF

I have two rifles with the X-Mark trigger one I have at a SAFE 24 ounces, the other at again a SAFE 28 ounces. That is the lightest I can go safely with either one. The trigger is ok,
but it's a long way from a Jewell.

Danny </div></div>

Is your trigger the new X-Mark with the external adjustment? If so, how did you go about getting them to that weight?

I would listen to Lonewolf. My departments new LTR has the same trigger and it is fine as long as you use fundementals.

However, if you need a pull below 2.5lbs, buy a new trigger. Besides, remington quit producing the x-mark with the adjustment in the trigger face because trigger arms were breaking. Sounds like your hell bent on a lighter trigger, so break out your wallet and get something new manufactured to safely operate at the range you want.

Good luck and happy shooting...oh yeah, welcome to the Hide (it didn't take long for me to learn to use the search engine).

I had an X-Mark Pro in my Remington 700 to start - adjusted it down to the lowest setting (3lbs) but it was still way too heavy and unpredictable for let-off.

Change it out for a Jewell HVR and be done with it. You won't regret spending the money for something that from the factory comes in at 1 lb and is adjustable from 8 oz to 3 lbs.