• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Replacing PVS14 eyecup

Re: Replacing PVS14 eyecup

I don't currently have one on there, and I see no possible way to attach the new one that I got?

It just pushes into place over the retainer ring. Consequently, they are easy to lose. Try posting a pic of your eye piece and your new eye cup at the connecting points.

I have two PVS-14 and have not had any problem with the rubber eye piece. I replaced one because i ripped it. Replacing it was easy as iut snapped right into/over the ring. The eye piece is nothing but a stretch piece of rubber.

If you see threads, it's likely that the retainer was removed along with the eyecup. I do that all the time to use a camera adapter. Otherwise, you should see no exposed threads and a raised ring that the cup just pushes onto. If you are missing the ring, it's cheap to replace, call Vic , he's got them in stock.

Be aware that on some of the older PVS-14 housings the eye cup ring is epoxied on. But, as has been said it is really easy and should just press on.