• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Retention Holster Help

Jigstick

“What’s the matter colonel sanders….chicken?”
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2017
    Pittsburgh PA
    I’m having a hell of a time finding a holster. Maybe you guys can help me out. Pistol in question is a SigP320 Carry with RDS. No weapon mounted light.

I’m looking for a kydex holster that has retention similiar to the Safariland ALS system.

Safari land only offers a compatible holster if I have a light mounted. G-Code offers no retention options.

Looking to use this holster in a “mid drop” configuration to keep it below my plate carrier and pack frame belt.

I’m having a hell of a time finding a holster. Maybe you guys can help me out. Pistol in question is a SigP320 Carry with RDS. No weapon mounted light.

I’m looking for a kydex holster that has retention similiar to the Safariland ALS system.

Safari land only offers a compatible holster if I have a light mounted. G-Code offers no retention options.

Looking to use this holster in a “mid drop” configuration to keep it below my plate carrier and pack frame belt.
    You sure about that?
    Put in a 320 carry with rmr.

Screenshot_20220909-093627_Chrome.jpg

GLS are retention holsters.

Which red dot?

Sig Romeo 1. Looking to use this on either a safariland mid drop leg rig or G Code Optimal drop set up. Pretty sure none of the ones you listed have the optic hood and ALS retention. When I talked to Safariland on the phone they told me they only offer that type of holster for my pistol WITH a WML on it.

T5 Custom Kydex has a lot of different configurations, especially in their semi-custom and full custom holsters. Jerry is great to work with and the holsters are nice.

If wearing it overt for duty purposes, have you considered adding a WML?

Don't know if there is a specific reason you might not entertain the idea of running one on an overt mounted holster with plates/gear. WMLs work well, especially at night.

Not against retention, but is it something you really require?

Reactions: shoobe01
    In my experience (limited to Glock pistols) Safariland ALS Holster that are made for pistols with lights work just as well without a light attached to the gun. Maybe the pistol is held slightly less tight, but the retention works. That might be an option for you if a little more useless (for you) bulk in the holster doesnt bother you.

I have both the thermoplastic and their precise injection molded Safari-7 holsters for Sig P320 RDS with light mounted; use their injected molded GLS holster without light;

Sig P320 Grip Module Wilson Combat with Gray Guns Curved Trigger GLS HolsterIMG_6286 copy.jpeg

Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5077 copy 2.jpg
    Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5804 copy.jpg
    Sig P320 VTAC Wilson Combat Grip GLS Safariland Drop Leg Rig Photos 2020IMG_5806 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
    Somebody has to ask...

Why DON'T you want a light? That Cheeto guard hood for the optic is shit and should be the second thing you remove when you buy the holster

Reactions: greentick
    Lol SafariLand model differentiation and search function is a dumpster fire.

Fucking tell me about it. One of the main reasons I’ve never purchased one of their products