• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rim X feeding issue?

Ruslow

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
AR
Having a feeding issue on my rimx, sometimes it will load the round ahead of the bolt and not in the extractor system, needless so say I have to dig the round out of the chamber since rimx will not allow the bolt to close. Has anyone else had problems like this and what id you do to help the issue. the extractor system is new and correct for the ammo brand. thanks Stan

My Eley extractor would not grab Eley. Same for my buddy's. Try a different combination

It might be your magazine height adjustment. Shouldn’t be any up and down play. When you insert the magazine and it catches/clicks, make sure you can’t pull down and push up on the magazine. That means there’s too much play and the bolt won’t properly push feed. Make according adjustments on the rim-x magazine catch height and catch on the chassis if available.

More than likely this is what is going on.

Bolt open and back. Transitioning positions shooter tips rifle down going into the prop. Bolt slides forward and bounces round into chamber as bolt stops on the magazine. Shooter goes to push bolt forward and round is in the chamber.

Brings out knife to the rescue. Cycles bolt and all is good.

Be conscious of your rifle manipulation in and out of props to prevent this. You can add a rubber band, bungee cord or place thumb on bolt when moving. I place my thumb on the bolt when moving positions. Once you realize it is a SUPER slick action and not much of a tip when moving will cause this. You as a shooter move smoother and better after a couple afternoons of practice. it's not the rifles fault. its the shooters fault. We as shooters are the last to blame ourselves for issues on the range.

I have been there done that. learned the lessons and shoot better for it.

Reactions: linedrive301ft
More than likely this is what is going on.

Bolt open and back. Transitioning positions shooter tips rifle down going into the prop. Bolt slides forward and bounces round into chamber as bolt stops on the magazine. Shooter goes to push bolt forward and round is in the chamber.

Brings out knife to the rescue. Cycles bolt and all is good.

Be conscious of your rifle manipulation in and out of props to prevent this. You can add a rubber band, bungee cord or place thumb on bolt when moving. I place my thumb on the bolt when moving positions. Once you realize it is a SUPER slick action and not much of a tip when moving will cause this. You as a shooter move smoother and better after a couple afternoons of practice. it's not the rifles fault. its the shooters fault. We as shooters are the last to blame ourselves for issues on the range.

I have been there done that. learned the lessons and shoot better for it.
That was my first thought but this happens on the follow up shot also. I have lowered the mag about .080 and will see what happens this weekend.