• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Riton scope testimonies

CrispyKC

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 25, 2019
Looking for feedback on those that have used Riton optics. The good, the bad, the ugly? Comparable optics?

Thanks for the insights in advance.

I don't own any of their scopes, my buddy used to rep them. Nice glass from a quick look. All thr glass is from Japan and then the scope is assembled in AZ.

I have their red dots, they have worked really well so far. I'm a fan of those. Scopes, I will ask my buddy and see if he can share some feedback

Reactions: bman940
Which one is on the g19? I just took a quick glance at the website and only saw red dots for rifles.

I've got both a red dot (RT-R Mod3 RMD) and a fixed 4x (RT-S MOD1 4x32 Wide FOV). Love them both. The red dot is on my wife's AR and the 4x is on my 10/22. Good glass, large knobs and pretty solid feeling. The 4x gathers a lot of light, perfect for those early morning jackrabbit hunts. Riton is Veteran owned and based out of Tucson, AZ. Currently saving up for some of their FFP offerings.

Attachments

• IMG_3031.jpg
    IMG_3031.jpg
    614.1 KB · Views: 91
There are prodeals for MILS on them for good price. I didn't know they were all made in Japan. That beats the same $$$ from Vortex.
The PST is made in the Phillipines and they have some issues with them.

So I have to add this in here.
I purchased a RT-S Mod 7 5-25x56 for a plinking rifle I was building. As things often do, the build got put on the back burner and then eventually scrapped altogether.
The scope sat in the box in my safe for almost 2 yrs.
I took it out the other day to sell it. I noticed a little later that the power ring was severely bogged down and sounded like sand and grit . After trying to work it out a little by turning the ring, the power ring pretty much completely seized.
I printed the warranty paper, filled it out and sent it on Thurs Apr 9th. Got an email from Terry Norton at Riton on Friday that my brand new scope was in the mail and he provided a tracking #. Scope arrived this morning and it is a brand new current gen scope. The scope I sent in was a first gen.
THIS is how customer service is supposed to work. Just because of this experience, I will always look to Riton as an option when looking at a new scope.
Couldn’t be happier with them. Great job Riton

There are many threads so instead of starting a repetitive thread I found a recent one and bumped it.

Are there any new reports? I've looked through a couple models of these at the LGS and IMO the glass sucks. All else looks and feels good but the glass is like looking through hazy water.

I bought a Gen 7 4-32X56IR to use on my 6. 5 Gas gun to compete with. I used it in about four matches, and I started having trouble with tracking at about the second stage. By the fifth stage, my zero was 9 mils low, and the elevation turret locked up.

I sent it in, they sent a brand new one. The parallax adjustment had less than 1/4" of adjustment. Everything else was blurry at every range through the glass. I called, talked to their engineer, and they sent me a hand picked one. I never took it out of the box, and traded it for a Kestrel and Pelican.

One of my buddies that I compete with had the same scope, and his stopped tracking during a match, and he sent it back. It is sitting in a box in his garage.

Reactions: HKshooter
I got to help test an early production model of the X5 Tactix 1-6x when a blogger buddy of mine received one to test from Riton. We were both generally disappointed in it. Outwardly it looked like a Vortex Razor 1-6x ripoff, and supposedly they were pushing it as a potential Razor competitor at the time. The glass wasn’t great, as there was a haziness to it and it wasn’t on par with its intended competition in the HD market. I saw a fair amount of distortion around the outer portion of the lens. The image was very flat. Resolution took a dive at 6x. Light transmission was okay. The illumination was garbage though and barely daylight visible. In testing we didn’t beat on it too hard because we had to give it back and not look like we abused it. Overall it was just “meh”. Overall not the worst scope I’ve tested, but certainly not something that I would buy for the $800 price tag. Plenty of other options for the category that offer a better overall product. Glass quality is meaningless if you can’t execute the proper end result.

Last edited:
Reactions: HKshooter

I've got a 1-8 hunting variation. It's a 1-8. At 1x it's pretty much like looking through a tube, and at 8x it's still clear. The reticle is great for my 458 SOCOM because it has the ballistics of a slingshot, but 10 MOA hashes wouldn't be good for much else.

Last edited:
I bought a Conquer 7 4-32X56 Mil scope in January of this year. Took it out to the range. Dark at fifteen power and above. Took it out a couple of more times. Same result. At four power it is clear. But at fifteen and above. It reminds me of a Arken SH 4. Sent it back to Riton. They told me it is fine. The problem is the quality of their glass varies. And they have had too many returns. People are now complaining that they send in their scope and Riton claims it is ok. I for one will never buy another scope or red dot again from Rightoff optics.

Reactions: Scopeye
Well I guess they read Snipers Hide. Mine was taken care of. And I have been out to the range. And it is clear. I even bought another red dot. I own two 3-18X50 Conquer 7’s. They have been great so far.

Well I guess they read Snipers Hide. Mine was taken care of. And I have been out to the range. And it is clear. I even bought another red dot. I own two 3-18X50 Conquer 7’s. They have been great so far.
Coulda swore I replied but somehow it disappears?

Did Riton contact you from there end to make it right after already screwing you over the first time around? Did they pay for your return shipping to them and did you get a brand new 2023 model as a replacement?

Please explain what exactly transpired. There are a lot of other pissed off Riton customers that weren't so lucky who don't participate in forums who just got their scopes back with Riton stating nothing wrong while others are told to to return their defective Ritons to the dealer they buyggt them from or just plain outright keep on ignoring customers needing to send theirs in for warranty.

Riton doesn't even have a BBB listing to show their not so pretty business practices either.

I don't own any of their scopes, my buddy used to rep them. Nice glass from a quick look. All thr glass is from Japan and then the scope is assembled in AZ.

I have their red dots, they have worked really well so far. I'm a fan of those. Scopes, I will ask my buddy and see if he can share some feedback
Are Riton scopes REALLY assembled in AZ (ARIZONA/UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)??????????????????????

I RECALL ARKEN said theirs scopes were made in the USA or at least assembled in the USA when their first entered the market as well. I have yet to see a USA built Arken or Riton.

Looking for feedback on those that have used Riton optics. The good, the bad, the ugly? Comparable optics?

Thanks for the insights in advance.
A guy at the range has a few... They've all had to be sent back and the replacement suck just as bad, and he regrets buying them. I'd steer-clear, there's a reason they're not popular.

A guy at the range has a few... They've all had to be sent back and the replacement suck just as bad, and he regrets buying them. I'd steer-clear, there's a reason they're not popular.
They're top of the line Japan made (JOL) X7 Conquers are selling at fire sale prices of 3-18x50 $499-$649 4-32x56 at Scopelist and EuroOptic but buyer beware if and when you need to use their warranty which you likely will. So many of their scopes sent back/ returns for warranty is proof of this and Riton themselves even admitted it.

I wouldn't buy them no matter how cheap they go down to not even their Japan made top of the line ones that FuhQ mentioned having a high failure rate. $649.99 with free shipping for their top of the line 4-32x56 that was originally MSRP-ing for $2299 when they first introduced couple years ago lowered their MSRP to $1979 sell fire sale prices through second party dealers to just dump them but remember the history of reliability regarding the brand if they're using the same low quality questionable reliability OEM Japan Optics JOL manufacture in Japan but hey, at least they're assembled in "clean rooms" so they say and so do many dirt cheap Chinese scopes as well.

One of my friends sent their top of the line 4-32x56 X7 Conquer in (purchased for close to $1000 on sale direct from Riton during their "half price sale"???) he bought early this year and they said nothing was wrong and just returned the same exact scope back unrepaired. Couple other friends sent in their $700-$1000 X5s (that sells for $550-$700) and also same thing nothing wrong sent back to them unrepaired. So much for their free exchange for brand new scope lifetime warranty promise.

If you're gonna get jacked buying scopes and whenever it comes to companies not honoring their warranty you'd be better off buying scopes sold by Bushnell brand instead. At least Bushnell's are better quality IMHO just a little behind Athlon in glass quality and tracking and overall reliability and the Bushnell's can be bought for really dirt cheap through second party dealers when they have really good at least half price sales from Midway USA, Scopelist, EuroOptic, SWFA and sometimes Natchez SS. They're sometimes even selling for so ridiculously cheap, you may even think nevermind if they may not even honor their iron clad warranty or screw you over by sending you an inferior quality much lower priced replacement item totally irrelevant to what you actually sent in.

Coulda swore I replied but somehow it disappears?

Did Riton contact you from there end to make it right after already screwing you over the first time around? Did they pay for your return shipping to them and did you get a brand new 2023 model as a replacement?

Please explain what exactly transpired. There are a lot of other pissed off Riton customers that weren't so lucky who don't participate in forums who just got their scopes back with Riton stating nothing wrong while others are told to to return their defective Ritons to the dealer they buyggt them from or just plain outright keep on ignoring customers needing to send theirs in for warranty.

Riton doesn't even have a BBB listing to show their not so pretty business practices either.
It was getting super interesting why one guy spend so much time crapling on one brand. Seems obvious what’s going on but as I think about it I am greatful for all the air time. I’m happy to honestly answer any questions.

Are Riton scopes REALLY assembled in AZ (ARIZONA/UNITED STATES OF AMERICA)??????????????????????

I RECALL ARKEN said theirs scopes were made in the USA or at least assembled in the USA when their first entered the market as well. I have yet to see a USA built Arken or Riton.
No sir, Riton is not assembled in Arizona. They are assembled in China or Japan.. but I’m guessing you already know that. Also, anyone can look and see that Arken is not made in the USA. I do personally design every reticle in Riton scopes in the USA. I do quite a bit of design in the USA for all of the Riton Scopes. I designed an enlisted on the patent for the US designed throw lever system in the 2023 models. I designed the Noor link for the 1,3,5,7 lines for the 2023 models. So we do quite a bit in America. But again, no, they are assembled in China and in Japan.

No sir, Riton is not assembled in Arizona. They are assembled in China or Japan.. but I’m guessing you already know that. Also, anyone can look and see that Arken is not made in the USA. I do personally design every reticle in Riton scopes in the USA. I do quite a bit of design in the USA for all of the Riton Scopes. I designed an enlisted on the patent for the US designed throw lever system in the 2023 models. I designed the Noor link for the 1,3,5,7 lines for the 2023 models. So we do quite a bit in America. But again, no, they are assembled in China and in Japan.
If you work at or own Riton, please hire more people to answer the phone and at least return phone call messages.

What happens when the 2022 X7 Conquer 4-32x56 scopes sold at Scopelist and EuroOptic for $649.99 need to be replaced under warranty? They are problematic scopes being sold and should be returned to their manufacture and demand refund fir the entire lot for unacceptably very poor quality control.

It was getting super interesting why one guy spend so much time crapling on one brand. Seems obvious what’s going on but as I think about it I am greatful for all the air time. I’m happy to honestly answer any questions.
The fact that not everyone gets treated equally regarding Riton's warranty promise. What's up with not answering your phone nor returning messages?

What is up with you guys telling some of your customers to return their defective Riton scopes to the place they bought them from instead of honoring their warranty?

My efforts isn't all for naught.

Get on the ball. Take care of your customers when they really need your support, not just some customers, ALL of your customers.

And quit sending defective scopes back to your customers claiming nothing's wrong.

Change the verbiage on your lifetime warranty promise if you don't intend to walk the talk.

Also what is up with you guys only cherry picking nothing but glowing positive reviews to display onto your products description while all the negative reviews disappear or gets "unapproved" to publish any negativity?

Surpressing the truth is outright unethical. Everything should be on the up and up good and bad and it just sounds like your company is being predatory.

Why not improve the quality control for all of the products you sell then you won't need to delete all the customer complaints and you won't need to keep denying customer warranty since it would be down to a bare minimum based on quality.

It's a win win situation in the end.

If you work at or own Riton, please hire more people to answer the phone and at least return phone call messages.

What happens when the 2022 X7 Conquer 4-32x56 scopes sold at Scopelist and EuroOptic for $649.99 need to be replaced under warranty? They are problematic scopes being sold and should be returned to their manufacture and demand refund fir the entire lot for unacceptably very poor quality control.
Yes sir I do work there like I said. My name is Jerimiah. I don’t have a name or nick name I’m hiding behind so I will absolutely take all the advice and push to do better. Tell me about your 4-32 that isn’t working. What’s going on? What were you told?

Yes sir I do work there like I said. My name is Jerimiah. I don’t have a name or nick name I’m hiding behind so I will absolutely take all the advice and push to do better. Tell me about your 4-32 that isn’t working. What’s going on? What were you told?
I don't have a 4-32 it's 2 of my shooting buddies who have had issues with theirs and if you answer your phone and returned messages you would have got in touch with one of them to hash things out. I haven't told the others I know who have had issues with their warranty process and last I knew they were over Riton after their experience. I don't really know if they dumped their Riton scopes into the trash either after the first time around or if all trashed their scopes.

One of them I told someone on the forums got screwed over first time around then gotten taken cared of later for mysterious reasons nobody wants to talk about not even the victim.

He said he was gonna call Riton and give them a piece of his mind. He said they never answered the phone nor ever called back not even once after the fact. Dudes kind of old and don't do social media or use the internet.

A person at Riton asks you some questions to find out what problems your buddies are having, and you do nothing to help him get the information he asked for. Hmmm. I have a few Riton Optics scopes, and I have had zero issues. Mine get used too, not just mounted and sit in the safe. A buddy just bought two of their Red Dots for PCCs that he has after checking out the 2 I have on my JP and Ruger. Over 1000 rounds under each one and no issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 1.55.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 1.55.45 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
I do not currently have any Riton scopes. I do know a few people with the Japanese made 3-18x50 7-series from Riton and they quite happy with them. I have limited experience with the 4-32x, but a couple I have seen seemed to be perfectly reasonable scopes. I have not spent enough time on them to have strong opinions.

As a general consideration, when a representative of a company shows up on a forum and tries to help, a little courtesy is not a bad thing.

As another general consideration: when you crap all over a brand based on someone else's vague experiences you know about second hand, it is not making you look great. This is one of those things where specificity helps.

Disclaimer: I do not have any relationship with Riton or Bushnell aside from chatting with them occasionally at SHOT. I have met Jerimiah and he has been quite helpful. I have never used Riton customer service. I have used Bushnell customer service, but quite a few years ago. I do not think it was a particularly memorable experience, since the details escape me at the moment. My only real complaint about Bushnell pertains to their marketing people during SHOT.

ILya

I'll have them specifically ask for Jerimiah but nobody seems to want to answer the phone line over at Riton customer service.

Specific issues soft and dark image quality on high magnification when new unexpected for a top of the line model and after usage under a year their image quality got worse and wouldn't resolve as well as when new. Tracking issues and zero stop issues. Scopes switched out with different brands to check if their rifles' fault and found it were defective broken Riton scope related.

I can have the other shooting buddy get in contact with the buyer of his rifle/Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 also.

This is what issues were explained to me and will ask for further details. You need to answer your phone.

A person at Riton asks you some questions to find out what problems your buddies are having, and you do nothing to help him get the information he asked for. Hmmm. I have a few Riton Optics scopes, and I have had zero issues. Mine get used too, not just mounted and sit in the safe. A buddy just bought two of their Red Dots for PCCs that he has after checking out the 2 I have on my JP and Ruger. Over 1000 rounds under each one and no issues.
Do you have the Riton X7 Conquer 4-32x56 and X5 4-28x56?

I have a Riton Optics 5 Conquer 5-25X56 (bottom pic); a buddy bought the 7 Conquer 3-18X50 for his new Bergara (top pic), and a young man who works for me and just got out of the Navy used his military discount to buy a 7 Conquer 3-24X50(middle pic). The young Vet has dialed over 100 rounds with his rig, and my B14 has done over 300 rounds at varying distances. Over the past 20 years, I have done freelance work for some major outdoor sports manufacturers, and I have never had anyone complain when I try to help them with any issues they might have.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 8.03.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 8.03.41 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 55
Lets hear some more issues or great things to say about Riton.

I own from the x1 to x7 and haveny had any issues.
I recently got the newer 3 Primal 3-18x50mm
1000008612.jpg

This ffp reticle is perfect for me as a hunting scope or a target scope. I own two on hunting rifles and can be found for around 350 on Euro optic. I really like it better than the epl4 mainly due to the reticle option