• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RRS SC-LR vs BTC-PRO for Atlas

chris514scott

New to the sport and anxious to learn
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2009
Oklahoma
I'm wanting to get an adapter to use my Atlas on my JAE ARCA rails but wanted some opinions on which way to go. Looks like the BTC-PRO will bolt right on the Atlas but you have to use a knob to tighten it down. The SC-LR let's you use a throw lever to tighten it down but would also require an adapter for the Atlas and would cost twice as much as the BTC-PRO. Is the lever worth the extra or does the knob work well? Thanks for the input.

I recently had this same question...I bought the SC-LR. Personally I prefer the lever. For me it is positive and confirmation that the bipod is locked down solid. With the knob, I would wonder if I got it tight enough. Or, once when I got it on too tight, I had trouble twisting it off again. I also like the half position with the lever that allows the clamp to slide along the rail for repositioning.

Just a head's up, but if you're using the Atlas Cant and Loc bipod, your options are limited. I picked up the B2-40-LR clamp and learned the hard way that it won't work with the Cant and Loc. The BTC-Pro will work, but I wanted a lever clamp instead of a knob.

Just curious if you ended up with the BTC-PRO or not? I'm in the same boat with the same question and wondering if the BTC-PRO worked out.

The knob version hasn't come loose on me and locks up when cranked down tighter than I'd have thought

Reactions: Stpilot12
Once thing for you to think about also if you care..

The SC-LR is multi-use. Can be used on any of our BH-## ballheads, the Wiebad mini fortune, harris bipod, evolution bipod(soon), along with a few other rando uses.

MHSA has the BTC-PRO,

I just upgraded two Atlas bipods to this including the CAL and I love it

The knob is super easy to use

IMG_20180507_113409.jpg

Pic rail or RRS Dovetail, I am into it

@MPHReallyRightStuff, for those of us who prefer a lever release, do you have any plans to release a clamp adapter that is compatible with the CAL bipod? I ordered the BTCA and B2-40 LR, but since it was designed for the older style Atlas bipods, I'd really like a clamp adapter that will let me use the B2-40 LR with the CAL

I bought the BTC-PRO because the SC-LR wasn’t out yet. I also have several of the Harris version.

The Harris version works great and never loosens up but the Atlas version constantly loosens whether it’s on a picatinny or arca rail. I can’t see anything defective with the mount itself so I believe it’s something with the additional play/movement of the Altas that’s causes it. I’m going to pick up a SC-LR now that they’re available.

I bought the BTC-PRO because the SC-LR wasn’t out yet. I also have several of the Harris version.

The Harris version works great and never loosens up but the Atlas version constantly loosens whether it’s on a picatinny or arca rail. I can’t see anything defective with the mount itself so I believe it’s something with the additional play/movement of the Altas that’s causes it. I’m going to pick up a SC-LR now that they’re available.

I haven't heard of this issue up till now. The jaws and the screw mechanism are the same for both the HC-Pro and the BTC-Pro, so kind of weird. Are you saying the screw tension is actually backing off, or rather the knob itself is backing out?

Also are you using one of our rails or another company making a rail 90% compatible and calling it arca?

I haven't heard of this issue up till now. The jaws and the screw mechanism are the same for both the HC-Pro and the BTC-Pro, so kind of weird. Are you saying the screw tension is actually backing off, or rather the knob itself is backing out?

Also are you using one of our rails or another company making a rail 90% compatible and calling it arca?

Yes, using your Arca rails and using AI, Seekins, Magpul (metal), and Geissele picatinny. The Harris mount has no issues on any of them but the Atlas loosens on all of them. I guess the knob is loosening because I tighten it and it's tight again for a few rounds.

I really don't believe it's your mount though. Tension and everything when tightened on seems the same, nothing looks funky with the part either. I really believe it's just something with the Atlas.

That is interesting. I have not heard this issue before. Have you picked up your SC-LR yet? If not send me your btc-pro and ill put credit and a little more towards your sc-lr. Just call me at work 805-548-1534 Michael

That is interesting. I have not heard this issue before. Have you picked up your SC-LR yet? If not send me your btc-pro and ill put credit and a little more towards your sc-lr. Just call me at work 805-548-1534 Michael

Thanks for getting me fixed up Michael, looking forward to receiving the SC-LR.

Yes, using your Arca rails and using AI, Seekins, Magpul (metal), and Geissele picatinny. The Harris mount has no issues on any of them but the Atlas loosens on all of them. I guess the knob is loosening because I tighten it and it's tight again for a few rounds.

I really don't believe it's your mount though. Tension and everything when tightened on seems the same, nothing looks funky with the part either. I really believe it's just something with the Atlas.

Thats weird. I noticed the same on my CAL on HRD gear rail.. but not with the PSR. I just assumed it is because it is a bit harder to add the tension to the knob, because I can't grip it as well on the CAL.

It only shows up when I run the CAL in front of the barricade or Game Changer to help reduce recoil

Been watching this thread for a while... have had a BTC Pro on back order for 5 weeks. Anyone heard what the latest news on production is? I converted my Manners to arca rail. Looks like I’m going to have to take it off and go back to picatinny for a match next weekend... ugh!

@AC Power we shipped out a good 200 three weeks ago before we packed up the entire business. We are currently unpacking the moving semi's in Utah and will start shipping out orders again during the 3rd week of July.

We have about 160 or so to ship that are already put together and lased. That should get us through the rest of the backorder and get some of the distributors their backordered parts as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we knew no matter when we decided to do the move there would be some people that got caught up in the order pending process just the nature of the beast but doesn’t make it suck any less.

Do good at the match, hopefully our products will help you to drop a few less points next time you get to use it!

Last edited:
Is there any timeline for when an adapter will be made for the SC-LR and the Atlas CAL?

The knob is nice - the throw lever is better.

Thanks. I ordered one from mile high. Should be in before the weekend's match.

Mike @ RRS took great care of me and swapped me for a SC-LR which I’ve been using for a few weeks now. All I can say is that this thing is awesome. I’m still really happy with my BTC’s on my Harris bipods but I’ll be buying more of these SC-LR’s.

IMO these and Hawk Hill feet are a must have for every bipod.

Reactions: Stpilot12
Check out area 419,they make some cool products

As far as I know, RRS is the only company making a clamp that will work on both Picatinny and Arca Swiss. Pure freaking engineering genius!

That is also probably why they are backordered a month, which sucks!

Not sure that 419 has the capability to produce something like the SC-LR?

Actually ironic, I have 419 Arca Rails on 3 of of my rifles.

I have two RRS BTC Pro clamps know and they are hard to tighten since the knob is so small and relatively smooth. Has anyone found an upgraded knob that fits the RRS?

I’m thinking of switching over to MPAs RAT base or the Area 419 version.

I notice the SC-LR has been out of stock for some time now. Is this just a delay in getting more produced?

It’s not really a delay, it’s keeping up with the orders while manufacturing and assembling all our other pieces all while we allow the products to be backordered.
Example we are shipping out a bunch next week, but I do not know if we will get through the backorder list and by the time we do, another batch of orders will be placed.

I am expecting them to show instcok across the board By the beginning of March if all goes to schedule.

Reactions: TPatz
SC-LR has really taken over my gear. Anvil 30, Atlas, Mini fortune cookie all running them.

I have two RRS BTC Pro clamps know and they are hard to tighten since the knob is so small and relatively smooth. Has anyone found an upgraded knob that fits the RRS?

I’m thinking of switching over to MPAs RAT base or the Area 419 version.

Never mind, made my own. The knob on the RRS sucks!

BD0FF72F-DE14-4C9E-AE9B-D2F9F7CD8D2A.jpeg

Reactions: tomcfc11
I got this for a new rifle, very impressive. I have tried several others, but none as functional as this RRS. Got a direct attach option for Harris from Sawtooth Rifles so I can use another RRS clamp like this one on the other bipod. The only RRS option for Harris on this clamp required using the junk metal on top of the Harris.
IMG_20190124_104743954.jpg