• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

RSO Question

Dolomite_Supafly

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2009
E. TN
I am a NRA RSO. Also a NRA instructor. Veteran. Mature adult. Zero drama.

Who do I need to contact to volunteer at matches?

Prefer south east but will go anywhere if I can ride with someone. I no longer fly, I was in a helicopter accident that cured me of flying.

Reactions: kindabitey
Contact the MD for the respective matches / clubs you'd like to RO at. There is always a shortage of ROs on match day. Volunteers are always welcome.

My Son often tags along with me to man the iPad and get a free lunch out of the deal.

Reactions: kcrippen
Contact one of the MDs. A great 2 day match to RO would be the HAM match at Pigg River Precision. Should be within driving distance for you. Great food and should be some festivities on Sat. night. Being as it's held on D-Day weekend, Josh has a WWII themed cof.

I am a NRA RSO. Also a NRA instructor. Veteran. Mature adult. Zero drama.

Who do I need to contact to volunteer at matches?

Prefer south east but will go anywhere if I can ride with someone. I no longer fly, I was in a helicopter accident that cured me of flying.

Yep. Contact the director of your local matches

Unless you are pretty experienced at spotting, make sure to let them know that you either need another spotter with you or that you need to take care of time/score/safety.

I can honestly say the most stressful part for me when I started shooting matches was spotting. I didn’t want to mess up and shooters also expect you to know what you’re looking at. It will also make you more susceptible to shooters wanting to argue for points.

Spot alongside someone for a while until you understand how different targets/environments react.

Reactions: 502Chevelle