• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

santa delivers... new 223AI

mbandy13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2005
Fishers Indiana
Well the fat man in the red suit who drives a brown truck brought me a new 223AI just in time for xmas. Work was done by Geoff Corn down in southern Indiana, the guy does truely excellent work in a very timely fashion. This is the second weapon I have had him build, couldnt be happier with him.

Specs:
Remington 700
McMillan A-5
Krieger MTU contour finished at 26in. 7.7 twist
premier 5-25 glass

223AIfrontporch.jpg

I got a chance to shoot it on monday, it was holding right around a half inch for 5 shoot groups some a touch below some a touch above. I was pretty happy with that considering they were fireforming loads, with just a batch I threw together. Hell I would have been happy if it held a min. thought I would share.

mike

Re: santa delivers... new 223AI

Man, UPSanta just left that right on your front steps like that?
grin.gif

All joking aside, very nice stick. Sweet glass too. Been thinking about an AI myself. Any feeding issues with the AICS mags? Whose Bottom Metal?

Thanks guys, no issues feeding so far, but I haven't put any true AI brass in it so far. The bottom metal is CDI Precision.

Mike

Very nice. Please post your loads when you get them worked up. I would like to know what velocity looks like out of the 26 inch barrel.

I knew that fat bastard would screw up my shipping directions! Any chance you could send it to my right address? Nice rig, guess I will have to track him down next year so mine won't get lost again.Don't know which piece I am more upset about . First he lost my platform, then he lost my optic! All I can say is it must have been a hell of a Christmas at your place!!

hey can you tell me more about your smith? id like to have one of my guns rebarreled and im in northern ky, thanks

Well the first thing, I like about Mr. Corn is he actually does exactly what he says he is going to do. It has been my experience with gunsmiths over the years that when they tell you its going to be 6 months, it takes twice that long at least. Not this guy. I had been putting all the parts together for a few months, 16 weeks from krieger, same from McMillan, ect. but when I had all the parts together I sent it down to him. He called me when he received everything, we went through the details, and I said, how long are we looking? His response was, "well since you got all the parts here, I should have this thing turned around in two weeks" And sure enough in two weeks I had the thing back. That was exactly how my M1A experience went with him as well, he gave a time frame and thats when it was done.
The other thing about this guy is his great attention to detail. Fit and finish are excellent, everything is done well. The detail was really evadent on the M1A. He is also one hell of a nice guy.

mike

Looks fantastic!

Im trying to put together a .223 AI myself...

Prob going to use the HS precision 700P stock though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mbandy13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geoff Corn
812-749-6416
Oakland City, IN
</div></div>

Thanks man! thats not far from me at all!!!