• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Scar 17s DMR reviews?

HKocher

Private
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
Anyone had one of these long enough to form a solid opinion? When they first came out I saw some complaints about poor accuracy, but never any specific numbers on what was considered poor accuracy.

I understand it’s an unusual configuration and they don’t seem to be very popular, but it suits my interests. So I’m mainly concerned with the accuracy claims. However I realize it’s a semi auto with a 16” bbl, so I’m not expecting a consistent sub MOA gun.

I figure FN will discontinue them soon if they haven’t already, since many dealers seem to be selling them way below MSRP at this time.

Never mind, I bought one. I figured at $2900, I can always rebarrel to a .308 if I want to and still break even. I like the DMR stock.

I will. It will probably be a while, since I had another big gun purchase come up at the same time, so I don’t have money left over for optics at this time.