• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Schmidt and bender 4-16x42 h27?

Drew9299

Private
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2017
Chowchilla CA
I have a chance to get a Schmidt and bender 4-16x42 with h27. Been searching the hide and google and can't find much on it. What's it worth. Need some help. Thanks

FinnAccuracy will sell you a new one (4-16x42mm LP with H37 reticle) for export (minus shipping and any customs fee's) for 2403 Euro's or about $2586. I know that's not the exact reticle your asking about, but that should give you a near starting point for price negotiations

For what I paid for my 4-16 two years ago you can almost get a 5-25 now. They've dropped the prices on some recently so everything is changing. If I were to sell mine now I would asked around 2200 and would take no less than 2000 used. Not even sure what they want for new ones now but I'm also not sure exactly which models had the price drop. Lowlight mentioned it in another thread recently.

For what I paid for my 4-16 two years ago you can almost get a 5-25 now. They've dropped the prices on some recently so everything is changing. If I were to sell mine now I would asked around 2200 and would take no less than 2000 used. Not even sure what they want for new ones now but I'm also not sure exactly which models had the price drop. Lowlight mentioned it in another thread recently.

Thanks. Happen to have a link to that thread?

This is a opinion so take it for what its worth- The 4-16 is past its time , you can get 3-20, 3-18 , 3-27x etc. There are better zoom ratios out now from multiple companies. You can buy a 5-25 used on the hide for $2400!
Tightly packed horus reticles with thick lines are hard to use in the lower power ranges.
4-16 don't traditionally have the resale value as the 5-25 either.
That being said , if its what makes you happy and you want it pay what you think its worth to you

The 4-16x42 seems to command a price of 1800-2000 depending on condition.

I have purchased 2 in the past year, one was between$1800-1850, one is a locking single turn H27 model and the other is a single turn P4F.

Some quick notes: the H27 is useable, good reticle thickness for many power levels. The reticle is very similar to an H58. The scope you are looking at is mostl likely contract scope from mil. If it is it will have a number etched on as well as a qr code. Does not change value but is unique. The locking single turn turrets is tall and the clicks are horrible. It might be one of the mushiest turrets S&B makes. In true Horus fashion, it was designed to primarily be zeroed, locked and ran with hold overs.

The regular single turn turrets are excellent. Sharp tactile clicks and good turret size. Firm enough to not worry about them.

Oh, and be aware these scopes do not have large amounts of travel, not sure on the double turns but the single turns are 13mils. It is designed for a 28moa base, with a 20 moa base one of my guns has about 9.5 mils of travel.

And these scopes are long, with the smaller objective they look really long.

EDIT: My brain was not working when I typed this. I purchased one of the above mentioned scopes for around 2200. If you pay attention to the PX, these scopes have been listed, and I assume sold for, the prices mentioned above.

Last edited: