• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Scope Recommendation

TooQuiet

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2019
Looking for a scope for my AR10 308......
Weapon Details: 16" rifle gas, shot exclusively suppressed, only eats 175 SMK FGMM
Purpose: medium range hunting and target shooting out to 500 yards(all of space available in my area)
Budget is $750 unless it's a Vortex then it's $1500
Only must have feature is FFP, locking turrets and/or zero stop

Used Gen 2 Razor if the weight doesn’t bother you. I have one on my AR-10 and it is a big jump up from your typical $750 scopes.

Clarification on “$1500” for Vortex recommendation please. Are you intending $1500 msrp new and using 40% discount to get to $900 or can you spend $1500 on a used Vortex? Thanks

Clarification on “$1500” for Vortex recommendation please. Are you intending $1500 msrp new and using 40% discount to get to $900 or can you spend $1500 on a used Vortex? Thanks
Interested in the double the budget for vortex statement as well

After reading the posts and watching hours of reviews, I've narrowed it down to 2.
Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15 or Vortex Pst Gen 2 3-15

***I know would say the Vortex right off the bat, but does anyone have experience with both?

Running an Ares BTR right now and i love everything about the scope. Yes the glass could be better but for a $900 scope its on par. Will it hold up as well as the next tier up? Time will tell. Athlons fantastic warranty makes up for it if not and theres always the Cronis upgrade if it doesnt pan out.