• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Scoping an LBR M25

Jerry m

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2003
Glen Burnie MD
Is it possible to scope a LBR M25 with a 3x10 or 3.5x15 power mildot scope with the rear sight in place. If not what rings are you using to mount the scope low enough to avoid using a cheek piece. It looks like offset rings are needed. Wanted to know what others have used.

Thanks

Jerry

As another M25 owner, assuming you have a USGI-style stock you're going to need a cheekrest of some kind. The comb height of the USGI stocks is setup for the irons and since the rail starts at the iron sight level any scope you mount is going to need to be higher than that to clear the handguard, action, and rear sight.

Cheekweld issues is just one of the drawbacks of scoping an M1A unfortunately-- so either add an adjustable cheekrest, get a stock pack with a cheek pad, or switch to a stock that has an adjustable cheekrest suitable for both irons and optics.

Last edited:
I run a Nightforce F1 on Badger standard rings (.82"), which are the lowest possible for 30mm rings. Rear sight fits under it just fine, however I'm running a standard peep instead of the hooded NM rear sight.

What Kiba said.

It's easy to clear the rear sight, but impossible to get a proper cheek weld without a high adjustable cheekpiece, either built into a new stock or attached to a USGI style stock. Even with a strap on pack/pad, you're going to end up with a chin weld.

Yes, but you don't gain that much, esp. with an M25. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's less than a half inch until you run into the sight bosses on the receiver.

I took off the rear sight on one rifle a while back, it only gained me about 1/8" lower, not enough to be worth it. With a Leupold 6.5-20X50 I ran BO .823" rings and just cleared the rear sight and hand guard.

Most times you'll need anywhere between 1" to 1.75" of rise to get behind the scope (depends on the setup of course). If you have a stock you aren't totally in love with, I recommend the Desert Warrior or Karsten cheek riser or something similar that's solid and adjustable. I've tried a padded riser and never felt like I was getting a consistent height. My Sage setup has a 1.25" riser that's solid and puts me behind the scope every time.