• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes scratch repair?

mtstcon

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2003
WY
Looking for a technique, home remedy, or product to repair/cover up a deep scratch on a scope tube. The scope has a matte finish. I really don't want to camo paint it at this time. I know some use a black marker, but was wondering if anyone out there had better idea. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: scratch repair?

Mask it off and Krylon? Do you want to fill/sand/paint? Then you could use bondo if it really mattered that much.

I just sharpie it if it gets to bothering me.

379148.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=379148

Thanks guys. I have a few cheap throw away scopes from rifle trades, I am going to try out your suggestions on them.

You could scratch it all over, then it would look natural. Just leave it, it adds character.

If it gets several scratches on it and you decided to repaint the whole thing, you could send it to someone who paints scopes and have them redo it. I think Larson Tactical will do it. There was a dicussion on here the other day about painting scopes where they listed a couple of other good resources for this.

head2h2o
I read some of those from a search on the topic before I posted, and you are right there are some highly recommended folks out there. The scope only has one gouge in it, so for now I really don't won't to send it off. I might need to touch base with you again though, if I try Snafu's idea.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ..... I think Larson Tactical will do it. ..... </div></div>

Is Joe Larson still around. I can't imagine that he is still in business after what went down a few years ago. There was a long thread here about him not returning guns and things got really bad. Here is a thread from OpticsTalk about it.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10166&PN=4