• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Seven Scopes with Issues or Something Else

Took out the Seekins SP10 today for a test run. Fired 34 rounds of 140 ELD reloads. 10 rounds doing the drop test then two sets of 12 for Kraft drills. Seekins mxm mount holding a Gen 2 Rzr 4.5x27.

Attachments

• IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    533.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 34
No to both questions. Vision is good to go.
Well, that removes those issues from the equation for you, but it could be an issue for some that do have glass and/or an Astigmatism like me. My Astigmatism will case the dot in the center of a scope or MRD to become egged if I am not correctly behind it. This will cause me to string my shots if I do not catch it.

Now on to the next question, how heavy is every one's rifle that is seeing this issue? Now looking at Precision Rifle Blog, the average rifle competition weight is 25 pounds. So, if you calculate whet the force would be dropping the rifle 12 inches into a bag that gives an 1/8 of an inch, it would be around about 3,300 pounds of force.

To me that would be enough vertical force to cause the scope to go out of point of aim and then reset itself back in after a few shots, or in some cases, have to be readjusted. I also don't think most scope manufactures even drop test at these weights since the average user has an 8-to-12-pound rifle.

Well, that removes those issues from the equation for you, but it could be an issue for some that do have glass and/or an Astigmatism like me. My Astigmatism will case the dot in the center of a scope or MRD to become egged if I am not correctly behind it. This will cause me to string my shots if I do not catch it.

Now on to the next question, how heavy is every one's rifle that is seeing this issue? Now looking at Precision Rifle Blog, the average rifle competition weight is 25 pounds. So, if you calculate whet the force would be dropping the rifle 12 inches into a bag that gives an 1/8 of an inch, it would be around about 3,300 pounds of force.

To me that would be enough vertical force to cause the scope to go out of point of aim and then reset itself back in after a few shots, or in some cases, have to be readjusted. I also don't think most scope manufactures even drop test at these weights since the average user has an 8-to-12-pound rifle.
The weight of the rifle has little to no bearing on the force imparted to the scope.
Gravity is a constant. So the internal force on a scope will be equal or nearly equal, regardless if it’s a 7 point rifle or a 25 point rifle.

I can’t speak for other companies, but Nightforce impact tests their scopes much harder than a 12” drop.

Just looks like a zero that’s slightly low left, then adjusted up .1 and right .1 to me?

The first 12 shot group pretty much encompasses the drop test spread

Drop test (10 shot) was preformed first then the 12 round Kraft drill on the yellow target. Scope adjustment was made (.1up-.1right) and the second (12 round) Kraft drill was then shot.

The Kraft drill with a large frame gasser is tough to clean. Those who shoot gassers regularly know the struggle. Those who only post the 1/2” 5 shot group that was cherry picked from their 1/2” all day long gasser are only fooling themselves.