• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater Sherlock Holmes as played by Jeremy Brett

macthknife

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2004
clarksville, IN
If anyone is a fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories, I highly recommend watching the TV series from the 80s and 90s with Jeremy Brett as Holmes. This fella is Sherlock Holmes. He's not with us anymore, but I would say He was the best Holmes ever.

Re: Sherlock Holmes as played by Jeremy Brett

I got my dad the entire collection of those for Christmas, used to watch them with him when I was little. I really like the new BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch

Always liked Basil Rathbone, but I have to agree with you, Brett is the best.

i also like the way Dr. Watson is portrayed, a dignified doctor and accomplished associate, not a bumbling buffoon.

A big "+1" on Jeremy Brett. Like Killer Spade, I always thought Rathbone was the best but over the years, Brett's taken his place. I'm a big S. Holmes fan, got the BBC collection and the complete cannon in a book purchased at Charing Cross Station, UK.

I find CBS's version of Holmes on "Elementary" not so clever. It's a somewhat entertaining show but not as good as the BBC stuff.

Nearly all of the Holmes cinema has been high on my choices of great movies, whenever they took it seriously. <span style="font-style: italic">The Seven percent Solution</span> is an example of how Holmes and comedy should not mix, while <span style="font-style: italic">Without a Clue</span> rather redeems the concept. The <span style="font-style: italic">Sherlock Holmes (2010)</span> mockbuster does nothing to advance the genre.

Brett is top notch in the role. I prefer Hardwick's Watson.

The current crop is doing nicely while combining traditional Holmesian lore with excellent plot evolution and graphic effects. Not precisely Holmes, yet Holmes on a delightfully new plateau. Jude Law...? After some thought, of course yes.

Greg

I enjoy the new Sherlock series also, Which I found out about, from one of Your posts, I believe, Greg. Very cool show.

I've never taken the time to read or watch any of the Sherlock Holmes stuff, but I have gotten hooked on "Elementary." Is classic Holmes portrayed to be as intelligent and eccentric as Elementary Holmes?

Not sure. I read somewhere that the TV show, Elementary, is loosely based on the BBCs show, Sherlock, so if that's the case, then yes. However, when You refer to classic, Holmes, I think of Basil Rathbone, who in My opinion, was not as Arthur Conan Doyle had written Him. Brett's portrayal was much better than Rathbone's.

Guess I'll have to decide for myself! Now to find a place that sells time....

Brett is definirely tops in my book.... I am a rabid fan of all things Sherlock. The new BBC version is fantastic as well!

Just finished the last episode He was in. I must say, it was interesting getting to know His Sherlock character as He progressed. I'm a little down that there will be no more.