• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Shield plus spare part?

FUNCTIONAL

Dirty Civilian
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2012
    Eastern, NC
    Color me puzzled. Stripped my shield plus to polish some stuff up and get the slide milled and have this leftover. I can't figure out where it goes and I've looked at the parts diagram and don't see it anywhere. Dry firing it and everything works fine. No live rounds yet.

Any thoughts?

20240520_183310.jpg

Just ran 2 mags worth of dummy rounds and functioned fine.

I'm wondering if it even came from the shield now but then I have no damn clue what it came from.

Edit: there is no extractor guide. Just a spring at the back of the extractor bar that just sits there. Not like a glock with the plunger system. More like an AR15 extractor.

@Im2bent thank you! Figured 2 weeks wasn't long enough for me to forget. Clearly I was wrong.

Wonder how much of effect that can really make for extraction?

My only thought is maybe the retaining pin was working it's way out not 🤷‍♂️