• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10K Gen 2

RedTimber

Jude 1:3
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2021
In the Hollow
1000000707.png
Screenshot_20240507-102435.png

Just got this email that it released and available. Looks like they cleaned up the glass to address the recurring issue. Interested in seeing what the new coloring is if anyone gets their hands on a pair

I seem to remember getting my Kilo 3000s for like $900. These new ones are $2499? I hope the glass quality is a significant jump

Until they change that loophole in their warranty, it's an easy pass for that price.

And for those unaware, the 5 year electronics warranty starts at the date your product was manufactured, not when you purchase it. So if it's sitting on a shelf for a year you lose that year.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Until they change that loophole in their warranty, it's an easy pass for that price.

And for those unaware, the 5 year electronics warranty starts at the date your product was manufactured, not when you purchase it. So if it's sitting on a shelf for a year you lose that year.
As far as I know that has changed to lifetime warranty on these

Reactions: Glassaholic
This is the information from Sig Sauer:

Sig Infinite Guarantee.

View attachment 8412898

View attachment 8412900

""

SIG SAUER® Electro-Optic Infinite Guarantee™ / Limited Lifetime Warranty

SIG SAUER® has manufactured the most rugged, dependable, high-performance firearms for more than two centuries. Our heritage of design, engineering, and precision-manufactured quality predates the existence of any other optics company worldwide. We understand the importance of quality in the line of fire, at the shooting range or on your next hunt. SIG SAUER Electro-Optics had to earn the right to wear that badge and the Infinite Guarantee has your back, forever. Period.

We will repair or replace your SIG SAUER product in the event it becomes damaged or defective, at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.

SIG SAUER® INFINITE GUARANTEE​

• Unlimited Lifetime Guarantee
  • Fully Transferable
  • No Warranty Card Required
  • No Receipt Required
  • No Time Limit Applies
  • No Charge
Please note that our Infinite Guarantee excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification. Excludes electronic and Tritium components.""
bolded. excludes electronics.

Well that is exciting news. How is the glass quality though?
the pic in their ad shows how blue gen 1 are. so if gen 2 fixes that plus some extra buttons and stuff

how they compare to the Vector X...who knows

the pic in their ad shows how blue gen 1 are. so if gen 2 fixes that plus some extra buttons and stuff

how they compare to the Vector X...who knows
Well i just mean in the realm of glass quality alone. Like i would compare my kilo 3000s to viper PSTs but with blue film. Their nowhere near my dads razors we got him much less swaro or leica that I’ve looked through. So been waiting on Sig to put in some premium glass because i simply don’t want to movie away from their laser rangefinder and Abx.

Well i just mean in the realm of glass quality alone. Like i would compare my kilo 3000s to viper PSTs but with blue film. Their nowhere near my dads razors we got him much less swaro or leica that I’ve looked through. So been waiting on Sig to put in some premium glass because i simply don’t want to movie away from their laser rangefinder and Abx.
I'm no glass snob but I find my 10k is just as clear as buddies Leica

Reactions: Simonsza1
The product page says "Infinite Guarantee" under the technology listing. Follow the technologies link and it says electro-optics carry an unlimited lifetime guarantee

• Wow
Reactions: Taylorbok
All I have to say is, "thank you Sig, it's about freaking time!" :p Their blue tint is one of the worst in the industry, but I think the Vectronix appeals to me more so... maybe a bit too late, but plenty of others will be happy with this. Didn't Area 419 just do a big LRF Bino review, any chance they had this Gen2 in there?

Reactions: st1650
All I have to say is, "thank you Sig, it's about freaking time!" :p Their blue tint is one of the worst in the industry, but I think the Vectronix appeals to me more so... maybe a bit too late, but plenty of others will be happy with this. Didn't Area 419 just do a big LRF Bino review, any chance they had this Gen2 in there?
Negative, gen1 only. The glass my set of 10ks isn't bad at all, but the blue hue sucks. I have the 10x vector with dmr reticle and extenders on order from Euro. That will be the big upgrade of the season.

However I thin the wind feature on the new gen2 is very well thought and simple. They should be doing wind1 and wind2 like vextronix tho.

Anyone know if vectronix binos have a warranty?

Talk to Eurooptic, I believe they are providing the warranty on these units.
If you purchase a Vector X from EuroOptics, I believe they provide a 5 year warranty. Which isn't great, but is better than what Vectronics offers... which is none.

I planned on upgrading my Sig Kilo 8K to a set of Binos, and while the Vector X HUD looks AMAZING, the information displayed on the Sig Kilo line to also detailed and should meet almost all requirements. So I might pick up one of these new 10Ks.

“Leveraging direct user feedback”

Translation: Smurf vision sucks, got it

What were people paying for 10k’s a year ago? Currently $1700 @ EO

I think I got my pair for around 1600-1700 when they first came out.

Reactions: R_A_W
“Leveraging direct user feedback”

Translation: Smurf vision sucks, got it

What were people paying for 10k’s a year ago? Currently $1700 @ EO
18 months ago I got a set that was demo'd at a nrl hunter match for pretty dang cheap.

Doesn't seem to bother many... but they're a no go for me

That said, I'm still struggling w/ Fury ABs, I'm pretty sure I could get a range & firing solution carved in stone & delivered by the Pony Express faster

• Haha
Video, no idea who this guy is

Pros
The dope recall feature is huge
Ranging & firing solution looks very fast
Stores lots of ballistics profiles
Multiple reticles

Cons
Lenses look slightly cool (nowhere near Gen 1), optical quality TBD
Projected reticle, not etched
No milling reticle

Last edited:
Reactions: st1650
Looks really nice. The wind buttons alone might convince me to go Sig instead of Vectronix … especially if we can get a lower street price.

Reactions: parshal
Yeah I think the wind feature might work pretty well for NRL Hunter.

You can just leave your wind speed @ an average or your gun MPH & then adjust direction while your glassing for targets at a stage

the wind input feature of these might work well with a ultrasonic wind sensor like the calypso. you would still need your phone to read the wind vector from the calypso app and then throw it at the sig

I seem to remember getting my Kilo 3000s for like $900. These new ones are $2499? I hope the glass quality is a significant jump
The glass quality in the Gen 1 were noticeably better than the 3k. The real upgrade in the 10k was all the sensors and having AB elite onboard without having to have the kestrel. Some seriously incredible features like the compass integration with Basemap.

ETA: and the fastest lasing time made the 10k a must have.

The lasing time between the 3k and the gen1 10k is like 0-60 times between a Porsche and lifted Jeep wrangler.

• Haha
Reactions: ID_Matt and st1650
I didn't realize the gen 2s don't come with a wind meter, so plan accordingly. Otherwise, the glass looks awesome. They also give you a 50% off code if you'd like to pick up the sig/marsupial harness instead of the MOLLE pouch that comes with the kilos

Last edited:
I didn't realize the gen 2s don't come with a wind meter, so plan accordingly. Otherwise, the glass looks awesome. They also give you a 50% off code if you'd like to opt for the harness instead of the MOLLE pouch that comes with it
50% off what ?

I don't have any of those on hand, but I've tried the ELs. The ELs may have slightly better glass, but the software/data presentation isn't even close to the Sig. The Sig is amazingly quick and displays all the data your heart could ever desire all at once. IMO, the real competition is going to be between the Vectronix and the Sig. I wish the Area 419 comparison video came out a week later, so the 10K G2 was in it. I'm willing to put the glass up against any of the leaders- especially for $1500 less.

I would think 419 will do a shootout between the two soon enough. I hate to think there could be a little bit of bias though since it sounds like 419 has some interest in selling the vectronix. There great dudes so maybe not but profit is profit.

951Hunter, that's the sort of info I was looking for. Even they're 85% of the Swaro glass that's a plus. These are for a different market than the guys buying the Swaro.

Reactions: 951Hunter
I don't have any of those on hand, but I've tried the ELs. The ELs may have slightly better glass, but the software/data presentation isn't even close to the Sig. The Sig is amazingly quick and displays all the data your heart could ever desire all at once. IMO, the real competition is going to be between the Vectronix and the Sig. I wish the Area 419 comparison video came out a week later, so the 10K G2 was in it. I'm willing to put the glass up against any of the leaders- especially for $1500 less.
A419 teased the Gen 2 Sigs in their video when referencing the Gen 1's. They also didn't compare lasers at all...which is a pretty important detail in LASER rangefinding bino's. The A419 video was a decent start but what it's really going to come down to is the glass quality AND the laser performance of the Gen 2 10k's vs the Vector's.

Those of us that have been using these in find/range/engage matches have been following all this pretty closely because on a skylined target the difference between a hit or a miss is being able to ping the actual plate...not the T-post, not the hill in front or behind but the actual face of the target.

In my opinion it's now between the Sig 10K gen 2's and the Vectronix Vectors, everyone else is playing for a distant 3rd place.

We know sig nailed the laser/display/software already with the gen 1's so if it's an actual optical UPGRADE on the Gen 2's and not just a lack of blue tint they will be strong contenders, especially if they are improving the warranty. It also doesn't hurt that they are out first.