• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sightron continues to up their game

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    Reactions: reel48
    When and how much?
    It says fall of 22, either they have learned their lesson in regards to promising earlier delivery, or it will be a few months later than that.
    I figure msrp will be just north of 2000, just by previous releases.

74.4-12.4 ft FOV (5x/30x) and 100 yards? That's almost three times the XTR3.

I've had several Sightron scopes in the past, all tracked good and had decent glass. I stopped using them because I went to lighted reticles. They had a lighted scope 20+ years ago but it didn't sell, was a great varmint scope though.

74.4-12.4 ft FOV (5x/30x) and 100 yards? That's almost three times the XTR3.

This article seems to verify the above FOV: https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/optics/first-look-sightron-s6-5-30x56-ed-premium-riflescope-line

Don't see why FOV would be much different than this: https://sightron.com/collections/sviii-series/products/sviii-ed-5-40x56-ffp-ir-zero-stop

Field of View - Meters7.22m - .9m @ 100 meters
    Field of View - Yards23.7ft - 2.9ft @ 100 yards

They want $2,899 for the above! The tree reticle isn't intolerable but if Sightron wants to actually get some market share... better have a 40% off sale.

In the end... to me, just another Japanese LOW scope. The only one I've ever liked (that I've used) is the Vortex Razor, which has proprietary turrets.

This article seems to verify the above FOV: https://gundigest.com/gear-ammo/optics/first-look-sightron-s6-5-30x56-ed-premium-riflescope-line

Don't see why FOV would be much different than this: https://sightron.com/collections/sviii-series/products/sviii-ed-5-40x56-ffp-ir-zero-stop

Field of View - Meters7.22m - .9m @ 100 meters
    Field of View - Yards23.7ft - 2.9ft @ 100 yards

They want $2,899 for the above! The tree reticle isn't intolerable but if Sightron wants to actually get some market share... better have a 40% off sale.
    In ref to the article, they are just regurgitating the press release.
    In regards to the SVIII, they did have them on sale for 2000 bucks at Christmas, at that price, they were a steal.
    The list price isn't terrible when you consider it is an 8X erector, and initial reports are the glass holds it's own with scopes in the same price bracket, along with Sightron's typically excellent tracking.

Reactions: HousePlant
    In the end... to me, just another Japanese LOW scope. The only one I've ever liked (that I've used) is the Vortex Razor, which has proprietary turrets.
    I have an SV 4.5-24, it is an excellent scope, easily competes with the likes of the Gen 2 razor.

Pretty sure sightron is not made by LOW.

Also no way it has 74ft FOV at 5x. 1x scopes are only getting 100ft.

I had no idea that sightron was in NC. Learned something today.

Sightron is the "house" brand for Kenko Tokina. They are direct competitor to LOW and manufacture scopes in Japan and the Philippines.

Sightron is the "house" brand for Kenko Tokina. They are direct competitor to LOW and manufacture scopes in Japan and the Philippines.

This I did not know! I always thought it was LOW or nothing for Japan. Maybe that’s why I actually like Sightron Japanese scopes. I have a few. They’re all just perfect. Which is why I want Sightron to get their shit together.

As far as I know, there are four Japanese rifle scope manufacturers:

Light Optic Works (LOW)
    Kenko (Sightron + OEM)
    Japan Optics Ltd (JOL)
    Deon Optical (March)

I'm a fan of the S3 line, it's just lacking in features. Hoping the PLR FFPs fix that whenever they arrive.

Reactions: Earnhardt
    As far as I know, there are four Japanese rifle scope manufacturers:

Light Optic Works (LOW)
    Kenko (Sightron + OEM)
    Japan Optics Ltd (JOL)
    Deon Optical (March)

I'm a fan of the S3 line, it's just lacking in features. Hoping the PLR FFPs fix that whenever they arrive.
    They've been available for a while now.

I had a couple of Sightrons. Good glass and reticles but their erector mechanism failed. I returned them and Sightron stood behind their product. I still like their brand and hope they do well with this new model.

So I did, I didn't even notice, thanks.
    Yeah, they seem to shoot themselves in the foot on product rollouts.
    Even more confusing, Sightron appears to have removed the FFP PLR versions from their website. I don't know why they, or anyone, would build a second focal plane tactical scope.

Sightron PLR

I believe these were on sale at Cameraland during shot show week for $1999.00. They are now back up to $2899.99.

Even more confusing, Sightron appears to have removed the FFP PLR versions from their website. I don't know why they, or anyone, would build a second focal plane tactical scope.

Sightron PLR
    I did reach out to them, there have been delays on the FFP models, but they are in the new catalog and they insist they are coming.
    The SFP is attractive to the F Class and target shooter types.
    The S6 is supposedly coming in the fall.

Reactions: Earnhardt