• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Central suppressors don't buy

download.gif

You just don’t know when to quit do you?
1. What difference does it make when I joined.
2. What difference does it make when a post I decided to respond to was posted (especially to you)?
3. You came out the gate acting like an ass and got put in your place by showing you just how stupid you were being and you don’t like it. Seems to me more people being around here that won’t let assess like you walk on them is just what may be needed.

1640311301276.jpeg

I appreciate the info. Thanks for the heads up. I generally try to get along with folks. I also love to learn. I admit I can be a bit of a smart ass at times but not in a hostile way. At least not unless I’m provoked lol. This thread originally caught my eye because I’m looking at one of the .30 cal silencers from the company mentioned. Was inter sets in whether anyone had one? Ho has it preformed? Accuracy hit/improvement?
Looking at the Banish 30.
I’ll look forward to hearing those stories sometime.
Are you looking at a can for a bolt gun? If so, don't waste your money on the banish. For a few hundred more, get a Thunderbeast ultra 7 or ultra 9 and don't look back. If length is of no concern Ultra 9 hands down. If you can't handle the extra 2", the ultra 7 is still equally impressive.

No actually. If you read the post I am saying that this post was funny. So why would that bother anyone? Especially on a thread that is still here no matter what age it is? The post I commented on was copy/pasted by me from someone else’s post. Look farther up in the thread. Another person who didn’t read the post or realize it was a reposting of someone else’s post.
what-wtf.gif

• Haha
Reactions: VA-Varminter
Are you looking at a can for a bolt gun? If so, don't waste your money on the banish. For a few hundred more, get a Thunderbeast ultra 7 or ultra 9 and don't look back. If length is of no concern Ultra 9 hands down. If you can't handle the extra 2", the ultra 7 is still equally impressive.
@Rockinroller; This is good, solid advice.

By way of example, when you see the established guys here get crabby/cranky, it's usually when they've tried to steer new guys into good product, get ignored, then have to listen to all the whining and complaining when the new guy is unhappy with his sub standard product choice. Thunderbeast is one of numerous Marquis vendors here that make one hell of a good product and have even better customer service. They cost more and are totally justified in charging more.

Thanks. Haven’t heard of this but I’ll look into it. And yes, it’s for an RPR chambered in .308. Length not really an issue. Mostly on the bench and prone, or from a setup on my ATChair. I hunt from my AT Wheelchair these days due to permanent disability/injury.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
@Rockinroller; This is good, solid advice.

By way of example, when you see the established guys here get crabby/cranky, it's usually when they've tried to steer new guys into good product, get ignored, then have to listen to all the whining and complaining when the new guy is unhappy with his sub standard product choice. Thunderbeast is one of numerous Marquis vendors here that make one hell of a good product and have even better customer service. They cost more and are totally justified in charging more.
I totally get that! God knows I’ve been in that situation! Damn frustrating to give someone advice on something which you have some expertise/experience and then listen to the whine when they ignore you! Even worse when they try to say it’s your fault THEY didn’t listen! lol

Reactions: Threadcutter308
@Rockinroller Threadcutter makes sove very good points, not only about the Thunderbeast cans but about the lay of the land here on The Hide. FWIW I currently own several cans from TBAC and have owned them for several years. I am fortunate and am able to shoot out to a mile a couple times a every week, point being my cans see above average round counts. All that to say, I love my Thunderbeast cans and there are never any issues with mine.

I was fortunate in the beginning. I have no idea why, but I kept in the shadows for a while and gradually came out when I started to recognize the lay of the land. There is definitely a hierarchy here, not that that is a bad thing and it's informal. Noobs don't tend to get much slack and they tend to get jumped on fairly easily. Probably more easily than what is good for the site, or anyone for that matter. But, it is what it is.

The senior guys tend to be pretty protective of the site (I'm not even talking about the Mods, but they do too). All things considered, it's a good thing (unless you happen to be a Noob and you crossed a line you didn't know existed....). Generally, it's frowned upon to go whining to the Mods because, well, the "sand and Vagina" thing. This holds true for everyone, but more so for Noobs. the Mods don't like whining or false alarms, one of them in particular. A no brainer "Mod call" is if you see a suspicious or obvious case of fraud/scam when someone is trying to sell something. If you see something, "Report" it in the post, or PM a Mod. Don't publicize that you did it, just let the Mods know and let them deal with it. If you do it publicly and you made a mistake, you run the risk of getting a Ban/timeout.

We get the "hard cases" that show up repeatedly, between every two to four weeks. Most of them commit "Forum Suicide" and get banned, or they basically say "fuck this" and wander off after a month or so. We have a few liberal/shill instigators here that have a little more staying power, but generally not more than two to three months. There is some speculation that they get banned or leave and figure out a way to come back under a new/different U/N. We have a few of them here, now. Sit back, relax, read up and you'll see who they are pretty quickly. One thing that has surprised me is that there really is a fair degree of latitude given for differing opinions. The liberal mindset doesn't necessarily get shown the curb instantly, but that's not to say that they don't get put to the test.

Finally, there is a story behind the "Bench Press 275, Work in Concrete and Bow/Archery Kills". Get acquainted, get the lay of the land and you'll start to be able to fill in the blanks. Besides, if you can keep from committing "Forum Suicide", we'll fill you in on the story. It's pretty G/D funny. In fact, of all the stories, it's at the top of the "Epic" list. ;)
The thread isn't the Epic thread. It's the Legendary Thread.

@Rockinroller i would suggest you stay out of the Bear Pit. Things get a little crazier in there. I would also pay attention to what @Threadcutter308 said.

Everyone else. Remember where you are. This is in The Armory and not the Bear Pit. Don't be too crazy.

The thread isn't the Epic thread. It's the Legendary Thread.

@Rockinroller i would suggest you stay out of the Bear Pit. Things get a little crazier in there. I would also pay attention to what @Threadcutter308 said.

Everyone else. Remember where you are. This is in The Armory and not the Bear Pit. Don't be too
I was fortunate in the beginning. I have no idea why, but I kept in the shadows for a while and gradually came out when I started to recognize the lay of the land. There is definitely a hierarchy here, not that that is a bad thing and it's informal. Noobs don't tend to get much slack and they tend to get jumped on fairly easily. Probably more easily than what is good for the site, or anyone for that matter. But, it is what it is.

The senior guys tend to be pretty protective of the site (I'm not even talking about the Mods, but they do too). All things considered, it's a good thing (unless you happen to be a Noob and you crossed a line you didn't know existed....). Generally, it's frowned upon to go whining to the Mods because, well, the "sand and Vagina" thing. This holds true for everyone, but more so for Noobs. the Mods don't like whining or false alarms, one of them in particular. A no brainer "Mod call" is if you see a suspicious or obvious case of fraud/scam when someone is trying to sell something. If you see something, "Report" it in the post, or PM a Mod. Don't publicize that you did it, just let the Mods know and let them deal with it. If you do it publicly and you made a mistake, you run the risk of getting a Ban/timeout.

We get the "hard cases" that show up repeatedly, between every two to four weeks. Most of them commit "Forum Suicide" and get banned, or they basically say "fuck this" and wander off after a month or so. We have a few liberal/shill instigators here that have a little more staying power, but generally not more than two to three months. There is some speculation that they get banned or leave and figure out a way to come back under a new/different U/N. We have a few of them here, now. Sit back, relax, read up and you'll see who they are pretty quickly. One thing that has surprised me is that there really is a fair degree of latitude given for differing opinions. The liberal mindset doesn't necessarily get shown the curb instantly, but that's not to say that they don't get put to the test.

Finally, there is a story behind the "Bench Press 275, Work in Concrete and Bow/Archery Kills". Get acquainted, get the lay of the land and you'll start to be able to fill in the blanks. Besides, if you can keep from committing "Forum Suicide", we'll fill you in on the story. It's pretty G/D funny. In fact, of all the stories, it's at the top of the "Epic" list. ;)
I can’t stop chuckling after reading that thread. “Bench press 275” indeed lol.