• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Size for cost recomendation.

gunsnjeeps

Retired Swab Jockey
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
Norfolk, Va
Looking for a recommendation for a .300 Win Mag and smaller suppressor, with a reliable mounting muzzle device. Some where there should be an average for price and quality.

Yep, I'm an election behind.

What are you planning to use it for?

Spend the money on TBAC if you are only running it on bolt guns. Otherwise look into rugged’s line of suppressors.

Reactions: gunsnjeeps
Deadair Sandman S or L or TBAC, but I know nothing about TBAC cans.
Would recommend the newer Nomads, but for QD it costs extra for the attachments. With the Sandman series you get one muzzle device. Nomads come only as direct thread.

You want 1 or 2? I'm not following...

Dead Air Nomad-Ti or Nomad-LT for .300WM for hunting and LR and precision shooting.

And if you want one for AR's the Sandman-S or Nomad-30 is a good option.

Deadair Sandman S or L or TBAC, but I know nothing about TBAC cans.
Would recommend the newer Nomads, but for QD it costs extra for the attachments. With the Sandman series you get one muzzle device. Nomads come only as direct thread.
Yeah, but you can remove the DT mount with a spanner wrench, and buy a KeyMo to make it QD, just like the Sandman.

Yeah, but you can remove the DT mount with a spanner wrench, and buy a KeyMo to make it QD, just like the Sandman.
Correct, I'm just saying that costs more because you need to buy both the muzzle device and KeyMo. Sounded like he wanted something quality with QD, but not that expensive.

Everyone I've talked to said to run TBAC on a precision rig. I have 2 on order for the AI's. I have a couple Deadair Sandman S that I run on semi autos and very happy with the sound suppression and ease of mounting. Aslo if you buy on for .30 cal it can be run on anything with a smaller caliber

I'm running a Rugged Surge on both gas and bolt guns and I love it.

It's heavier than a TBAc, but built like a tank and full auto rated. It will easily handle a 300 Win Mag, but there is a barrel length restriction and I'm not sure what that spec is off hand, but surely it's listed on their website.

What are you planning to use it for?

Spend the money on TBAC if you are only running it on bolt guns. Otherwise look into rugged’s line of suppressors.
Not really looking at a single use. .300 WM is bolt, smaller calibers in both bolt and semi auto.

You want 1 or 2? I'm not following...

Dead Air Nomad-Ti or Nomad-LT for .300WM for hunting and LR and precision shooting.

And if you want one for AR's the Sandman-S or Nomad-30 is a good option.
1 for multiple rifles. .300 WM down to .223, with muzzle devices to move from one to the other. I thought about direct thread and thread protectors but figured a flash hider mount would be better all around.

Correct, I'm just saying that costs more because you need to buy both the muzzle device and KeyMo. Sounded like he wanted something quality with QD, but not that expensive.
Energetic Armament LUX or VOX S w/ KeyMo. You can get the VOX S with a KeyMo and your stamp for under $1,000.

Building a new 6.5 CM upper and want to know which muzzle device to get (first 6.5. Thought about limiting to .308/6.5 CM but thought I might want to put it on the .300 WM some day.

1 for multiple rifles. .300 WM down to .223, with muzzle devices to move from one to the other. I thought about direct thread and thread protectors but figured a flash hider mount would be better all around.
Dead Air Nomad-30 with a KeymMo and KeyMount brakes, or the new XENO mounting system.

If I had the option, I'd go to direct thread. The adapters are nice, but when they're pushing $100 per rifle, I could have bought another can for what I have in adapters....

Putting this and another post together for an AR10 upper, I'm looking to go with a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor with a +2 gas tube and a Superlative Arms gas block and the Nomad 30 direct thread to cover .300 WM to 5.56. .300WM is a bolt, .308 in both5.56 AR-15.

Some one told me that direct thread would loosen from wear. If they end up being like potato chips I'll probably end up with a dedicated 5.56 later, I figure for now cover the range though I figure the most use will be on the 6.5.

...Some one told me that direct thread would loosen from wear...
I don't see that happening, maybe if you are are guerilla or a moron. They can loosen from firing, but I have not ever had that happen yet with my Sandman Ti which is direct thread. My Nomad Ti is still in jail which I am leaving direct thread for now. I have a Sandman S which I use for all my AR's.

Thanks for the direct thread response. Hopefully I can get one on order soon. As a first time buyer there is a lot to learn. I seem to have some options.

Putting this and another post together for an AR10 upper, I'm looking to go with a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor with a +2 gas tube and a Superlative Arms gas block and the Nomad 30 direct thread to cover .300 WM to 5.56. .300WM is a bolt, .308 in both5.56 AR-15.

Some one told me that direct thread would loosen from wear. If they end up being like potato chips I'll probably end up with a dedicated 5.56 later, I figure for now cover the range though I figure the most use will be on the 6.5.
I will be running direct-thread for my bolt and precision LR rifles. But will be swapping on a KeyMo for when I run it on my AR's, that way it won't loosen up. I already have KeyMount brakes installed on almost all the AR's, so it won't take a minute to swap the DT for a KeyMo on the back of the Nomad-LT. Then when my stamp comes back for my Sandman-S, it will become the dedicated AR can, and the Nomad-LT will probably live 95% of it's life in DT configuration for bolt-action target and hunting.

Thanks for the direct thread response. Hopefully I can get one on order soon. As a first time buyer there is a lot to learn. I seem to have some options.
Look into the 419 system. It’s like direct thread but better.
And then every muzzle adaptor is only 40 bucks. If you’re putting it on more than 2 or 3 that ads up. Added up to me not loosing money selling my old asr stuff.