• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Solus bolt issues

I still can't recreate the issue though
In trying to recreate the issue, are you getting completely in your normal shooting position behind the gun and cycling the bolt with the same snap to the rear and same snap forward that you believe you were using at the range?

I feel you likely are but I want to make sure.

The "event" is happening as the bolt comes into contact with the bolt stop when fully to the rear and as you begin pushing slightly off axis to go forward with the bolt. The bolt has the least about of support and stability at its full rearward movement and would accordingly allow the most lateral wobble to be induced into the back end of the bolt.

Your body position in relation to the gun will absolutely dictate how your hand movements get translated into the pull and push of the bolt.

Reactions: ShtrRdy
Your body position in relation to the gun will absolutely dictate how your hand movements get translated into the pull and push of the bolt.
I'll try this next. I just tried real quick on my couch before I had to leave for work this afternoon. I'll try to find something to brace off of when I get off work tonight.

Reactions: Terry Cross
"autofire". I know this all to well. Happened to my 6 arc AR build using their Diamond 2 stage. Started happening after 200rds. Had to adjust the trigger up to over 34oz to make sure autofire wouldn't happen. They told me "sorry, here's the faq on this issue and clean it with lighter fluid". Half of the autofires it would continue until mag emptied. Glad it didn't happen during a match.
Yeah, that's not a TriggerTech issue...This is standard fair for the AR platform...Typically considered common knowledge amongst experienced builders and shooters. This is why most AR triggers are set (non-adjustable) to 3.5 lbs. I love light triggers, but double-fires (bump-firing) from bouncing (recoil) if you keep your finger on the trigger can happen, which is the reason I run mine at around 2.5-3 lbs. to prevent this.

Loaded up some dummy rounds today. With a loaded mag the bullets push up on the bolt as expected and then forces the rear of the bolt to touch the folder button when I have the bolt to the rear. Similar to the picture I posted above but I'll go ahead and post again. I still can't recreate the issue though
Is the recoil lug pocket deep enough? Is the action fully seated at the front? You'll need to remove the barreled action and measure to be sure.