• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Somebody please help me understand

ss10ring

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2005
St Augustine, FL
Federal 7.62x51mm 175gr Gold Medal Match, crimped primer pocket, 20rd Ammunition is:

New Production
Non-corrosive
Boxer-Primed
crimped primer pocket
Fully Reloadable Brass Cases

Velocity (Muzzle): 2600
Energry (Muzzle): 2625
Manufacturer # GM76M2

Pricing: $19.95 per 20 round box

Federal Gold Medal Match .308 175gr Sierra MatchKing BTHP
$39.95 a box

isn't this exactly the same ammo just labeled different?

Re: Somebody please help me understand

Thanks, shots awesome in my gun chrono at 2599 with my can. I was trying to find info. Guess I'll buy a lot more

Re: Somebody please help me understand

Not to be a smart ass but one is .308 and the other is 7.62x51. Not exactly the same spec.
The 7.62x51 GMM is Federal's military contract ammo in a civilian packaging. The cases are also annealed and will not appear clean and shiny like the .308 GMM.
Being 7.62x51, the case dimensions are also different. If your rifle has a match .308 chamber then the 7.62x51 will be a tight fit. I have used both in a GAP Crusader and the 7.62x51 requires a little forward bump on the bolt to chamber when compared to the .308 GMM. Shoots good otherwise.