• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sometimes you just get lucky

LA260

Private
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2017
I wanted to practice some positional shooting so I loaded some random 260 rounds for my AT. The brass was lapua from 2013 when I had a 260 savage and first started reloading with who knows how many firings on them. Never been annealed. Very loose primer pockets and are ready to be trashed. All I did was body/neck size and expander mandrel. Bullets are some prvi partizan 120gr that go for less than $20\100. Some CCI 200s that I had laying around and 36gr of AR comp since I have a lot of it. Didn't even use the chargemaster to throw powder. Used the powder disp that came with the lee challenger kit when I got it years ago. Basically some random bs loads just for practice. 20190728_090127.jpg

It grouped around 0.5"-0.6" at a hundred. I've never been a 0.25 all day and "in the tenths when I do my part" type of shooter so good enough. When I think about all the time/$$/effort I've spent on my "real" loads and that they've never been this consistent it's pretty depressing lol. Only load that been performing slightly better as far as es/st dev is my 6.5x47 w varget and 130gr.