• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Springfield EMP

I have a 3 inch that I conceal carry. Shoots good and not real hard to conceal. No one I am aware of makes aftermarket mags for it, and it fits in most of the 1911 holsters I have tried. What are your concerns?

Thanks for the insight. I'm looking at one. It fits me well and I was just looking to see what others had to say.

I don't know what grips come on the new ones mine has the g10 grey grips I really like them. I also sent mine back to the custom shop at springfield and had a trigger job, front grip serrations, and a GI safety installed. Really improved the pistol.

The EMP was the first pistol I bought myself in the Army when I turned 21, and the first pistol I carried as well. I honestly blame the stupid holster I had for "not liking how it felt carrying"....as I didn't know as much back then about carrying and proper holsters.

I loved the gun though. I thought it shot really well, and felt great. Since it was designed from the ground up as a 9mm, it never seemed to have some of the feeding issues that other 9mm 1911's had.

The only thing I can remember was it did NOT like hot rodded Underwood defensive ammo. Had trouble extracting and I think one blew a primer too. That same ammo fired just fine out of my glock.

I been carrying one for years and love it. I carry it OWB in a Wilson Combat sharkskin holster and you honestly cant tell its there. I did add a S&A magwell to mine and i had to make minor mods to the basepads because of it.