• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ssg 3000 barrel feeler

Delta4-3

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 21, 2013
Arkansas
I was going to make a .243 AI bbl for the Sig SSG 3000. Just wondering if there are enough peole here using them to tool up for a run instead of making mine on manual machines.

Great caliber choice. I'd be surprised if you lined up enough for a true production run but really a barrel extension is not too difficult to machine with the right tools. Let's see pics when you're done.
Justin

Border barrels in Scottland makes barrel extensions for these rifles. Lee is the guy wuo I was in contact with. I was going to order some but after he said yes that I could buy them he never responded to my emails. So... this may help you?

I would highly recommend going over to the forums at kammeret.no and posting a message on their equipment discussion (everything is mostly in Norwegian, but they all know English). The Sauer 200 STR is the sport version of the SSG 3000 and is an extremely popular rifle in Norway. Plus, if you've seen the type of competitive shooting they do, you'll see that they go through barrels like hot cakes. So, as you might expect there are plenty of guys who can help you out finding parts for a conversion, or even sell them to you. I was able to find plenty of spare parts for my 200 STR and got a lot of advice on what sorts of things guys are able to do with their rifles.

I'll be machining the extensions, unless someone has them really reasonable. I didn't think to mention that I am making mine in .243 AI, but they don't all have to be.

Did anything ever come of this? If there was a reliable source for barrel extensions or reasonably priced prefit barrels I'd sell my 700 tomorrow to buy one of these.

What I did with my ssg when I switched caliber to 6,5x55 imp was that I took the back end of the old barrel and screwed in an new with standard thread. Works great!