• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Steiner GS3 4x20x50 Turret Adjustment to Zero

oldnmkid

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2013
Rio Rancho, Nm
I called the factory and the guy that answered the phone was less than helpful. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. I was told how to do it and the phone call was over. It appears the turrets have a small notch where a fine screwdriver is inserted into. I tried it and it wouldn't move and I don't know how much upward pressure can be applied. With my luck, I would keep pushing into something broke. YouTube was no help either. Help! The instructions that came with the scope also offer no real help.

Youre right, that isn't very descriptive. It looks like you put the screw driver in the gap at the bottom to lift it up and turn back to zero? If you do that and lift/pry up does it click as to signal its still adjusting or does lifting up remove the dial from the actual adjustment mechanism?
1576100283877.png

It wouldn't pry up at all. Being ham-fisted I was afraid to apply too much pressure. I'm hoping for maybe a "click" or something to let me know it's lifted enough.

I saw this post and took the liberty to reach out to Steiner Tech Support, I hope you don't Mind :)
If you would please be so kind as to call Steiner again, and ask for Chris so he can personally take care of you. (888)-440-0244

ALWAYS feel free to reach out to us here at Camera Land for assistance. That's what supporting vendors are for.

Reactions: rydah
He did put this in an e-mail to me as well:

To reset the numbered collar on the GS3 you need to insert a small implement into the notch on the turret collar. This works well with a small punch, jewelers screwdriver, or similar item. While applying firm downward pressure on the top of the turret with the opposite thumb, rotate the numbered collar until it lines up with the zero reference mark on the optic. You should feel NO clicks, as this only adjusts the collar and not the turret or actuator. Also, this process is not mandatory.

Reactions: oldnmkid
OK. Finally, I got it. The elevation turret was a bear. The windage was much easier to move. However, I'm pretty sure I lost my settings since it was almost impossible to get the numbered wheel to move without hearing clicks. Basically, you are gripping the knurled wheel on the turret. Emphasis on "gripping". Then you put the tip of a very small screwdriver into the slot cut into the numbered wheel and then you push the screwdriver and rotate the numbered wheel while keeping the knurled wheel from moving, (good luck on that). Guess I'll go sight in again in the morning. Thanks to all and Cameraland for getting the ball rolling for me.

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
So the numbered wheel section moves independently from the top of the inner turret. Holding that top cap/inner spline stationary to save its zeroed location you use the screw driver as a lever to spin the inner wheel around to properly align?

So the numbered wheel section moves independently from the top of the inner turret. Holding that top cap/inner spline stationary to save its zeroed location you use the screw driver as a lever to spin the inner wheel around to properly align?
Couldn't have said it better.