• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stock Market

So again, wheres the engineers squeezing power and efficiency if the beginning and ending are pretty much the exact same outcome?

The standard ICE vehicle is maxed out on this hence the transition to Turbos and Hybrids. All roads lead to BEV.
They're far from maxed out, they're being hampered. What they're running into is your potato's leadershit over regulating an industry to meat illegal EPA laws (they're not regulations, they're illegal laws) for efficiency and emissions.

Turbos are a natural progression in ICE power and efficiency. Teslas aren't running Ni-Cad batteries, are they? Diesels are virtually all turbos, and have been for the last two decades. Hybrids are actually a half smart means of transportation, I mean, locomotives are hybrids in a way because that diesel is nothing more than a generator providing electricity to electric traction motors. It works,

You live in a urban bubble and cannot realize or fathom that the vast majority of drivers in the world cannot have their driving needs met by BEVs. You proclaim they're the only way of the future, but your blinders are on so tight you cannot even see they don't work for a majority of people or businesses in our own country. Step outside our borders and the numbers grow by magnitudes.

Or you're gaslighting, which is nothing more than a nice way of calling you a fucking liar.

They're far from maxed out, they're being hampered. What they're running into is your potato's leadershit over regulating an industry to meat illegal EPA laws (they're not regulations, they're illegal laws) for efficiency and emissions.

Turbos are a natural progression in ICE power and efficiency. Teslas aren't running Ni-Cad batteries, are they? Diesels are virtually all turbos, and have been for the last two decades. Hybrids are actually a half smart means of transportation, I mean, locomotives are hybrids in a way because that diesel is nothing more than a generator providing electricity to electric traction motors. It works,

You live in a urban bubble and cannot realize or fathom that the vast majority of drivers in the world cannot have their driving needs met by BEVs. You proclaim they're the only way of the future, but your blinders are on so tight you cannot even see they don't work for a majority of people or businesses in our own country. Step outside our borders and the numbers grow by magnitudes.

Or you're gaslighting, which is nothing more than a nice way of calling you a fucking liar.

Tell me more about how you average 200+ miles a day.

150-400/day in a 3/4 ton. Wyoming isn’t small or fair weather.

Nice. One day there will be a BEV for your needs. However, for your citizenry BEV is ideal;

90% of Wyoming residents, commute distances are generally short, reflecting the state's rural nature and low population density. The majority of Wyomingites drive less than 20 miles to work one-way, with the median commute distance being around 10 miles. This pattern is consistent with the overall shorter commute times seen in many less densely populated and rural areas across the United States [oai_citation:1,Average US Commute Times By City & State [2024 Update]](https://www.ridester.com/average-us-commute/) [oai_citation:2,Visualizing the Average Commute Time in U.S. States and Cities](https://www.visualcapitalist.com/average-commute-u-s-states-cities/).

The shorter commute distances in Wyoming contribute to a relatively quick average commute time compared to more urbanized states. This also means less time spent in traffic, lower fuel consumption, and reduced vehicle maintenance costs for most residents [oai_citation:3,Is Commuting Worth It? The Best Cities for Commuters in America (2023)](https://listwithclever.com/research/best-and-worst-cities-for-commuters/).

Nice. One day there will be a BEV for your needs. However, for your citizenry BEV is ideal;

90% of Wyoming residents, commute distances are generally short, reflecting the state's rural nature and low population density. The majority of Wyomingites drive less than 20 miles to work one-way, with the median commute distance being around 10 miles. This pattern is consistent with the overall shorter commute times seen in many less densely populated and rural areas across the United States [oai_citation:1,Average US Commute Times By City & State [2024 Update]](https://www.ridester.com/average-us-commute/) [oai_citation:2,Visualizing the Average Commute Time in U.S. States and Cities](https://www.visualcapitalist.com/average-commute-u-s-states-cities/).

The shorter commute distances in Wyoming contribute to a relatively quick average commute time compared to more urbanized states. This also means less time spent in traffic, lower fuel consumption, and reduced vehicle maintenance costs for most residents [oai_citation:3,Is Commuting Worth It? The Best Cities for Commuters in America (2023)](https://listwithclever.com/research/best-and-worst-cities-for-commuters/).
I don’t look shit up on the internet, I live here. It’s 40 miles to the grocery store, 80 miles to a Walmart, and 130 miles to an airport. I get called at 4am in -30*F while blizzard conditions are present to go 150 miles away and fix shit in those conditions so coal can keep moving to keep people warm and fuel Teslas. Who is going to pay my power bill at the house where my work truck sits so I can respond quickly? Not the company, so I’d just have to respond slower. What about frigid temps icing out those batteries? Who is going to pay my OT for me to charge three times on a trouble call just to fix one problem? Not my company.

Who would really pay for it? You and every other consumer. It’s all fun and games until the juice out of the wall tops $1.00/KWh.

But you have your head up Elon’s ass so far, you fail to see any glimmer of reality.

I don’t look shit up on the internet, I live here. It’s 40 miles to the grocery store, 80 miles to a Walmart, and 130 miles to an airport. I get called at 4am in -30*F while blizzard conditions are present to go 150 miles away and fix shit in those conditions so coal can keep moving to keep people warm and fuel Teslas. Who is going to pay my power bill at the house where my work truck sits so I can respond quickly? Not the company, so I’d just have to respond slower. What about frigid temps icing out those batteries? Who is going to pay my OT for me to charge three times on a trouble call just to fix one problem? Not my company.

Who would really pay for it? You and every other consumer. It’s all fun and games until the juice out of the wall tops $1.00/KWh.

But you have your head up Elon’s ass so far, you fail to see any glimmer of reality.

Reread my post. BEV are ideal for 90% of your citizenry in Wyoming. And one day, there will be BEV for your use. :)

• Sad
Reactions: SWgeezer
Ahh, you missed the point.

Replacement cost for engines and transmissions aren't cheap. Same as replacement cost for an EV. The benefit is that EV battery failure rates are so very low and the technology is only going to get better. The longer you own an EV, the cheaper it becomes vs. an ICE counterpart. Your engines and transmissions aren't getting better.
Bullshit. Engine/transmission failures in regular use passenger vehicles are very low. We all drive several, and so does everyone we know. Pretending this supports EV battery replacement makes you look like a puffer. You are probably actually a lot smarter than that. Act like it.

Reactions: SWgeezer
Bullshit. Engine/transmission failures in regular use passenger vehicles are very low. We all drive several, and so does everyone we know. Pretending this supports EV battery replacement makes you look like a puffer. You are probably actually a lot smarter than that. Act like it.

Battery failures are also very low. The benefit is, the failure rate and density will only get better from here. :)

5qf53q69oht81.jpg

Successfully made ONE 4.3 mile lap with enough battery to make a COUPLE more.......................needs to make about 100 a day.

I agree with your one argument about committing less than XX per day but some situations will never work. I personally live 1/2 mile from work and my wives commute is 1/4 mile so between us we commute 10 mile per week. Perfect electric scenario. Cost is too high to get into it. EV would never work for our travel habits though, we jump in the SUV and drive 10 hours to go some where regularly..

Also if EV pushers would approach it from we are saving the world to hey this is a better option for some you might get somewhere faster. We still have to generate the electricity to charge EV's. So for daily commuting it would benefit a lot of people but the inconvenience on other fronts it is still lacking.

We are not close to being there yet.

If you really want to make a difference start here
In just one hour, a single private jet can emit two tonnes of CO2. The global average energy-related carbon footprint is around 4.7 tonnes of CO2 per person per year.

Last edited:
Who says I care about the environment lol? BEV is better for the median. Charging times are minimal and will get faster with time. Range is fine and will get better with time. Also Tesla’s 3 and Y are below the average new vehicle price so again… what is being said here is not reflective of reality.

Now, as you said, you travel and have thought anxiety when traveling with a BEV. Perhaps your two car house hold goes half EV, half ICE. Wow. Amazing.

Also, @ironpony52, the Caterpillar 797F, typically makes between 20 to 40 trips per day. Where are you pulling 100+? Out of your ass? The 793 does 15-30 depending upon variables - which for the first attempt is not as much of a failure as you think it is.

Last edited:
Can we split this into two threads - one about the stock market and one about Tesla/EVs? This thread no longer is useful as a "stock market" thread.

Outside of indexes, I'm only in Tesla and Enphase (+ tiny position in two others) hence why I only post on those two specifically.

If anyone has the conviction I have for other stocks I would love to hear it. But I feel like I am the only one who post about stocks/my trades.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Outside of indexes, I'm only in Tesla and Enphase (+ tiny position in two others) hence why I only post on those two specifically.

If anyone has the conviction I have for other stocks I would love to hear it. But I feel like I am the only one who post about stocks/my trades.
LONDON, May 20 (Reuters) - Tesla is working to appease some European leasing companies after the automaker’s repeated retail price cuts tanked their fleets’ value and its slow service and expensive repairs alienated their corporate customers.
The efforts include unofficial discounts on purchases of new cars if they are in stock and efforts to address widespread service, repair and ordering complaints after years in which fleet managers and leasing firms say Tesla has ignored those problems, according to Reuters interviews with nine executives from major leasing and rental-car firms, along with about a dozen corporate fleet managers.

Reactions: SWgeezer and S3th
ahhh, I got rid of the meaningless Tesla constant pumping. maybe this thread can get back on track.

I heard…..

With that said.

If nvidia indeed is planning to become a one stop shop for AI it way turn into a complete juggernaut.

Offering cooling solutions, structural layout and design, power solutions and servers.

Talk of them acquiring ARM LLC. (?)

Wow.

Talk about ambitious.

I heard…..

With that said.

If nvidia indeed is planning to become a one stop shop for AI it way turn into a complete juggernaut.

Offering cooling solutions, structural layout and design, power solutions and servers.

Talk of them acquiring ARM LLC. (?)

Wow.

Talk about ambitious.
Sounds like Tesla, in the beginning.
Perhaps even Enron.
On the level with the Hunt Brother's.
Maybe even Intel.
How much of NVDA does Berkshire Hathaway own ?

Last edited:
Help me understand the significance of BH’s stake in NVDA?

P
Look at who holds the most shares:

1716433211165.png

Look at the insider shares sold this year:
1716433361057.png

The insiders are not in for the long haul and the 4 largest institutional holders are "playing with other people's money".

Snug your seat belt.

• Haha
Reactions: S3th
Nvidia has done some pretty strategic planning for the future based on some of the reports I have seen. Even with that, I think it is at a point now where some folks are going to get bitten by FOMO. This is an awfully high time to make an entry.

Look at the change in share price from the first sale in 2023 ($160 per share) to the most recent sale in April of 2024 ($882 per share).

Do you think the guy who sold 210,000 shares at $160/shr is kicking his own ass right about now? He lost $243,392,000.

Or, nearly a quarter of a BILLION dollars.

In only 13 months.

Mirage my ass.

P

Nvidia has done some pretty strategic planning for the future based on some of the reports I have seen. Even with that, I think it is at a point now where some folks are going to get bitten by FOMO. This is an awfully high time to make an entry.
The future is unknown. Even tomorrow is unknown.
1716433838576.png

With a run up like that, it's got to "take a breather". That is when investors start to look beneath the surface and their own analysis make some predictions. It's been a great ride for many over the past 18 months.

Average number of miles traveled between accidents

Blue line is Teslas using Autopilot / FSD tech

Green line is Teslas not using Autopilot tech

Red line is the average car on the road in the U.S.

Choose an AI powered car that gets safer over time via software updates. $TSLA

IMG_0778.jpeg

Look at the change in share price from the first sale in 2023 ($160 per share) to the most recent sale in April of 2024 ($882 per share).

Do you think the guy who sold 210,000 shares at $160/shr is kicking his own ass right about now? He lost $243,392,000.

In only 13 months.

Mirage my ass.

P
There was a big party, everyone had a hell of a good time......... You were not invited...... The party is over....... You were not "that guy".....

Many times he said he invest in the people (employees) not the business.
Who are "the people" at NVDA ?
They’re a very well run company with a shit ton of innovation, but the investments into it are running high on speculation, same as Tesla. There’s great opportunity in it, but also great risk as investors are banking on NVDA being the lone elephant in the AI room. One company comes out with something better? Look out…

Buffett looks at the people running the company, absolutely, but more so he looks at the product they produce and how he understands it. Take Apple, he didn’t touch it until his assistant lost her iPhone and he realized through her reaction how significant it is today. That’s the one tech stock he’s heavily invested into. Financials, insurance, oil, and common products; that’s what he knows and buys.

Buffett not investing into something is hardly a reason to not buy into it, he would be the first to agree with that. And I say that with BRK.B being the lone single stock I own.

Reactions: atepointer
Seems buffet owns 6.1 million shares of snow.

Approx 1 billion investment.

They’re a very well run company with a shit ton of innovation, but the investments into it are running high on speculation, same as Tesla. There’s great opportunity in it, but also great risk as investors are banking on NVDA being the lone elephant in the AI room. One company comes out with something better? Look out…

Buffett looks at the people running the company, absolutely, but more so he looks at the product they produce and how he understands it. Take Apple, he didn’t touch it until his assistant lost her iPhone and he realized through her reaction how significant it is today. That’s the one tech stock he’s heavily invested into. Financials, insurance, oil, and common products; that’s what he knows and buys.

Buffett not investing into something is hardly a reason to not buy into it, he would be the first to agree with that. And I say that with BRK.B being the lone single stock I own.
As a BRK shareholder you might enjoy these titles if reading is your thing. 'The Clash of Cultures: Investment vs Speculation' and also 'Poor Charlie's Almanack - The Wit and Wisdom of Charles Munger'. While I invest in almost no single company Buffett holds I do trend to his taste for financials, insurance, midstream oil and gas, debt and asset backed debt/BDCs. I'm thinking he still owns some Ares so that may be one we share also Sirius Point. You might know this does he still own Antero Midstream or it might have been Antero Resources? What a machine totally self funding all capex and dividend from FCF. No one person has shaped my investing tenets more than Munger dang I miss hearing him, but fortunately we have decades of his wisdom to read.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redmanss
He bought into snowflake at around 200.
I enjoy hearing Warren talking about the first airplane his company bought.
I also enjoy watching his company "Netjets"..... They are frequent fliers in and out of the airport at Hamilton, MT. Total obscurity as to who is coming and going into the boom town of the valley.

In only 13 months.

Mirage my ass.

P
The guy who sold 210,000 shares made money. He did not lose one cent.