• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

STOLEN RIFLE ALERT!

Right, which is my point when asking how the seller could be found in the wrong here.
No real way to know you are getting a hot firearm unless the person comes in tweaking looking like they crawled out of a trash can.

His bound book will have who it came from, AFT will start there and dealer will have to hand it over.

No real way to know you are getting a hot firearm unless the person comes in tweaking looking like they crawled out of a trash can.

His bound book will have who it came from, AFT will start there and dealer will have to hand it over.
Yeah this is what I thought. Other than asking some questions about round count and other details (would think most people spending that coin on a custom rifle will know details), kinda can only go off of your gut. Looks like that seller moves a lot of firearms so understandable how this one slipped through.

Whoever took it from the truck could have went to a gun show that same week and sold it in the parking lot for a couple hundred dollars. The Fudd took it home and found out that finding 6.5 wsm ammo for it was a pita. He removes the scope to put on his 30-06. Traded the rifle for a set of tires for his mini van. That guy traded it for a Glock and now it's on GunBroker.
The only people who are going to be out is probably the listing person on GunBroker.

Seems like a good reason to draft up a bill of sale if you're buying or selling as private parties. Just in case you need to prove you aren't the one who stole it.

Once I found a pistol hidden in a rental unit crawl space. After unloading and cabling/locking it in my vehicle, I visited the local state police barracks. They ran a background check to see if it was lost, stolen, involved in crime, etc. Once it passed the 'smell test', they asked if I wished to surrender the handgun. NOPE!!! I gave it to my friend, a FFL dealer. He's often given me deals and I owed him.

Whoever took it from the truck could have went to a gun show that same week and sold it in the parking lot for a couple hundred dollars. The Fudd took it home and found out that finding 6.5 wsm ammo for it was a pita. He removes the scope to put on his 30-06. Traded the rifle for a set of tires for his mini van. That guy traded it for a Glock and now it's on GunBroker.
The only people who are going to be out is probably the listing person on GunBroker.
This is most likely what happened. FFL has no idea it was stolen. Too bad the scope is gone.

Whoever took it from the truck could have went to a gun show that same week and sold it in the parking lot for a couple hundred dollars traded it for a couple dimes of crack/meth/tranc. The Fudd took it home and found out that finding 6.5 wsm ammo for it was a pita. He removes the scope to put on his 30-06. Traded the rifle for a set of tires for his mini van. That guy traded it for a Glock and now it's on GunBroker.

Is this still available?
Actually….it is 😅. Bidding is up to $2100 now. You might get it for a “steal”

1677340689430.gif

Somebody's gonna be pissed. Still 8 days on the auction.

Current Bid
$14,025.00
Starting Bid
$0.01
Enter your maximum bid.
$Bid
Minimum bid: $14,050.00
No Reserve!

Good morning everybody,

A few of you guys were kind enough to message us through Gunbroker and make us aware of situation. Unfortunately we were not aware this firearm was stolen when we purchased it from a "customer."

As soon as we got to the office we got in touch with Highland Park PD, and soon as our doors opened we were greeted by a detective with the department. We were able to forfeit the firearm in question over to them along with all helpful information we were able to gather. Hopefully the guilty parties are brought to justice.

The rifle is in law enforcement's hands and on the way to the rightful owner.

I'd like to personally thank everyone here for keeping an eye out in the community for situations like this and helping us make a wrong situation right.

Once I found a pistol hidden in a rental unit crawl space. After unloading and cabling/locking it in my vehicle, I visited the local state police barracks. They ran a background check to see if it was lost, stolen, involved in crime, etc. Once it passed the 'smell test', they asked if I wished to surrender the handgun. NOPE!!! I gave it to my friend, a FFL dealer. He's often given me deals and I owed him.
You forgot to tell us what it was

Good morning everybody,

A few of you guys were kind enough to message us through Gunbroker and make us aware of situation. Unfortunately we were not aware this firearm was stolen when we purchased it from a "customer."

As soon as we got to the office we got in touch with Highland Park PD, and soon as our doors opened we were greeted by a detective with the department. We were able to forfeit the firearm in question over to them along with all helpful information we were able to gather. Hopefully the guilty parties are brought to justice.

I'd like to personally thank everyone here for keeping an eye out in the community for situations like this and helping us make a wrong situation right.
Thanks for the reply! Just curious how did you guys get it?

Might want to shut down the Gunbroker bidding... Just saying
Unforunately, Gunbroker is a pain to work with when it comes to cancelling a listing. We have submitted a request along with paperwork given to us by the detective so hopefully it was get taken down soon. If not then whomever wins it will be disappointed if its not one of you rascals winning it for $42,690.

Good morning everybody,

Thank you! I feel bad that now you’re out the money! Us snipers hide guys will make it up somehow. Chad at Long Rifles Inc will be glad that one of his builds got back to its owner. They are a world class gun second to none!

Good morning everybody,

Great, hope you didnt take too big a hit on it and they find the thief.

Welcome to the Hide.

Do ya'll have a brick and mortar store? Im in Lawton Ok, not far from Dallas and gets down that way. Would love to stop in.

They are clearly trying to do right here so maybe (just maybe) we should as a community give them consideration next time we need to make a purchase.
My thought exactly.

dfwshootingsports.comDFW Shooting Sports | Shop In-Store or Online for Firearms ...

We are a family business that has been operating in the DFW metroplex for more than 35 years. RETAIL STORE LOCATION: 105 Bedford Rd. Bedford, TX 76022 CALL: 817-442-2600 / TEXT: 817-859-8725 EMAIL: [email protected] THE BLADE BAR The Blade Bar. A locally-owned knife shop that offers a wide variety of knives and gear.

Maybe we can hit up Frank and ask his permission to sanction a thread for this. Like maybe we can do a month long thing or something as a thank you. We can possibly have a separate thread so it's not buried on page 3 or whatever.

@Lowlight Please let us know if this is ok or not.

Reactions: Bender
Unforunately, Gunbroker is a pain to work with when it comes to cancelling a listing. We have submitted a request along with paperwork given to us by the detective so hopefully it was get taken down soon. If not then whomever wins it will be disappointed if its not one of you rascals winning it for $42,690.
"rascals"?

You will need to ramp up your . . . ummmm - descriptions, if you are going to hang around here.

:)

Good morning everybody,

Thanks for calling it in and I'm sorry you guys took a hit in the process. It's so rare these are actually recovered it's great to see a happy conclusion to a shit story.
Hope the thief runs with scissors, and falls on 'em. Fucking hate thieves. Upside, that rifle won't blend in with others, will stand out enough somebody is hopefully going to notice it.

Branden
They found it already.

Reactions: UKDslayer
Great, hope you didnt take too big a hit on it and they find the thief.

Welcome to the Hide.

Do ya'll have a brick and mortar store? Im in Lawton Ok, not far from Dallas and gets down that way. Would love to stop in.

Our store is located in Bedford, TX which is just east/northeast of Fort Worth.

They are clearly trying to do right here so maybe (just maybe) we should as a community give them consideration next time we need to make a purchase.

We appreciate the support (y)

"rascals"?

You will need to ramp up your . . . ummmm - descriptions, if you are going to hang around here.

:)

I'm replying on behalf of the company, so to avoid an HR meeting Monday morning I'm keeping it G rated ;)

maybe someone here in the know with a GB account bid it up stupid, so they dont have to deal with a upset buyer ?

The actual owner should tell the gun shop to continue the auction .
It’s someone from here who never was intending to purchase it. It was an around a $1,000ish before it got posted on here it was a stolen rifle that was posted by Chad long ago.

It’s someone from here who never was intending to purchase it. It was an around a $1,000ish before it got posted on here it was a stolen rifle that was posted by Chad long ago.
It was a brand new user that bid it up to $15k, so yeah most likely someone from here. Gunbroker supposedly can not cancel the auction and just told us to just make a note on the auction that it is stolen which seems... counterproductive to our reputation.

It was a brand new user that bid it up to $15k, so yeah most likely someone from here. Gunbroker supposedly can not cancel the auction and just told us to just make a note on the auction that it is stolen which seems... counterproductive to our reputation.
That not good. Sorry to hear they are doing that to you.

Sorry to hear that you all got burned on this rifle. But glad it's getting returned to owner