• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Subsonic ammo

urmaker45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2013
wise,va
Does anybody have suggestions for subsonic 308 ammo? I normally shoot factory ammo 175fgmm looking for factory subsonic .

I don't think you will find that. You can make it with a simple reloading press and some trailboss powder.

Reactions: culater
Roll your own, they will beat anything factory. If you cast, more better as the ES & SD numbers are much lower with a cast bullet over a jacketed one. If you search the Hide you will find info on what molds, mix & powders work well. We shoot them to 400yds all the time an some of us out to 600 every once in awhile.

Thanks but I don’t have time to reload at this point on my life unless I don’t want to shoot lol to much going on wish I could !

Its kinda a lame idea. Does the same as 300bo. I get wanting to use a gun you already own, but a 200-250 grain projectile doesn’t have a lot of energy when subsonic. I think my 225’s was 550 # at 100 yards.
Now a 338-08 would be cool suppressed with some heavy pills. Never did the math on it though.

Its kinda a lame idea. Does the same as 300bo. I get wanting to use a gun you already own, but a 200-250 grain projectile doesn’t have a lot of energy when subsonic. I think my 225’s was 550 # at 100 yards.
Now a 338-08 would be cool suppressed with some heavy pills. Never did the math on it though.

Might as well skip the hassle of the 338-08 and go 358 win or 338 federal ?

Yeah, i have a hankerin for a meteor sized projectile, that flys quietly through the air, but i have no actual need for one.

Subs are a riot if you reload but I dunno if I would pay retail for them.

I think a 358 win is next on my list

Reactions: culater
Contact copper creek ammo, I've used there 308 subsonic ammo with good results.

Reactions: TACC
Subs are a riot if you reload but I dunno if I would pay retail for them.

I think a 358 win is next on my list
I had a 300bo for a while. It was fun, but energy didnt impress me. I have a 9mm that is quiet as all get out and cheaper to shoot. I rolled my own, but just projectiles alone was more than loaded 9

My problem with a big bore: id have to buy another can

I had a 300bo for a while. It was fun, but energy didnt impress me. I have a 9mm that is quiet as all get out and cheaper to shoot. I rolled my own, but just projectiles alone was more than loaded 9

My problem with a big bore: id have to buy another can

You need to cast your own my friend ? substantially cheaper in the sub world

Reactions: Jgunner
Did not realize 308 subs were able to go that distance.

Good info

Roll your own, they will beat anything factory. If you cast, more better as the ES & SD numbers are much lower with a cast bullet over a jacketed one. If you search the Hide you will find info on what molds, mix & powders work well. We shoot them to 400yds all the time an some of us out to 600 every once in awhile.

did not look through all the posts but why would you want a sub sonic 308 round ? Is there any advantage in it going slower ?

did not look through all the posts but why would you want a sub sonic 308 round ? Is there any advantage in it going slower ?

Sometimes you need to be really quiet and don't need the full energy of a super sonic round. If the wind is right, you won't even hear the suppressed muzzle at 50 yards from down range...

Good info

Yep i routinely shoot constantly on a torso size target at 400 np as well. It's tough to go farther than 500 as I'm out of elevation in the scope and on the turret

I was thinking it was more for cans so they would be even quieter .

Good info
Yep i routinely shoot constantly on a torso size target at 400 np as well. It's tough to go farther than 500 as I'm out of elevation in the scope and on the turret
400yds for me takes 64 moa over my high speed zero, which is one of the reasons I built what I call a double'r for all my SFP scopes( I don't shoot subs w/a FFP) 600yds take 105 moa so with the doubler set for 64moa if tree holds I then spin in 41 more with the M3 knob. Depending target size I might just drop to 3.5 power where the tree gives me 96moa an spin in 10 an hold 1moa (6") low. I have found nothing that beats they system to date for my. I'm throwing a 217 gr cast pushed by 7.8 grs of Red Dot as the RD will meter good from my thrower. If it has to be perfect placement I carry a mag loaded with the same bullet but being pushed by 700X as the 700 does not meter well for me but hold much tighter groups with the same up across the board.
CIMG0030.JPG
CIMG0028.JPG

My 300wm throws the same bullet at the same speed so the up is almost the same as well, save 3moa less do to the difference between the high speed zeros. The 300 has a 26" tube an the 308 only has a 16.5", same can but the droop is slightly different.
Regardless of what many say about old school glass this is the best setup I have found to date for me. It's all knife fork an spoon stuff and at 400yds 6" circles are a none issue, well depending what mother is doing,...LOL At 600yds a 12"x14" torso area is the same. Under 400 is a gimme most all the time once you do it awhile. DA is a number you better pay close attention as if you miss a 250- 300' change you will quickly miss a 6" 400yd target with your first shot. With the flight time of the sub, your lag time, an the shot timer only allowing 5 sec's before dropping the target out of sight a second hit just ain't happening at all, cause flight time to 400 is 1.25 secs an to 600 it's right at 2 secs. We try to make the shoots as real as possible most of the time. Listening to a sub fly by you is very interesting. I shoot 10X the subs as I do H/S as they allow a much greater real world A/O to train people in. Again if your getting into this world once your ammo is dialed in, DA is the key that opens the consistency door. Then comes knowing your gear an what it's short coming are or are not.

We have some shoots were it's a mix of H/S an subs. Those are a hoot as some forget which ammo is in the tube an hitting a sub target with H/S ammo is a major deduct you will not recover from, even if you clean the rest of the course. Most shoots are sub only, where if you break the S/B, your out immediately plus the next 2 shoots. Break it twice an your never invited back, no matter who you are. That has caused some major issues, but thats just the way it is.

Really this is what .300BLK excels at.

I recall reading about the issues with making safe and suitable .308 subs and they've tried it all from different powders to filling the cases with plaster and other fillers..

Cfeblk powder.

12.1 in 300blk / 220 rnfb 1015fps in 16 inch barrel

Very quiet 1 moa.

Movie quiet with aac 7.62 sdn

Have not tried cfeblk in 308 yet because 308 is 1/10 twist and 300 bk is 1/7 twist, could be a problem.
I would check stability before running through the can.
20181114_170717.jpg