• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suggestions for new optic

gsd1983

Who are you and why are you in my house?
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Texas
All,

Seeking suggestions on LPVO for a new build in the pipeline. I’ve got a couple months or so before I need one, but I wanted to field suggestions to research.

I even used the form! What ya got for me?
Thank you!

• What is the platform for the scope? Bolt Action
  • What cartridge are you shooting?300 Blackout
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Occasional hunting, steel, and general giggles while suppressed
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daylight and lowlight
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? Under 200 yards
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? FFP, mil/mil
  • What is the price range you can afford? $500-$1000

For your price range the vortex gen 2 line is pretty nice. Maybe could find a razor gen 2 1-6 used on here which would be a great option as well. The razor gen 2 has good glass which would help you in the lowlight situation you listed and is a phenomenal optic

Thanks for the suggestion. I first looked at the Razors but ruled them out. Preference is for first focal plane. The Razor 1-6 is SFP.

Thanks for the suggestion. I first looked at the Razors but ruled them out. Preference is for first focal plane. The Razor 1-6 is SFP.

Your only options are going to be primary arms or if you want to go outside your price range. Just curious why do you want ffp for shots inside 200

Interesting, I didn’t know CT was even in the market. One that I have been looking at was the USO TS-6 or TS8 as well. Also the Riton, and a couple others.

And to answer the question, I’m after FFP because that’s what I want.

I would think for a lvpo you would probably want an illuminated SFP for faster low power shots and you won't be using a reticle for drops unless you are far enough away to use max power.

That said, the meopta Optika6 fits your description perfectly and is offered in both ffp and sfp

Interesting, I didn’t know CT was even in the market. One that I have been looking at was the USO TS-6 or TS8 as well. Also the Riton, and a couple others.

And to answer the question, I’m after FFP because that’s what I want.

The CT Series 3 1-5x24 FFP is also on sale for $349.48: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020619158?pid=571999

I'm considering it for a budget 16" 300 Blackout build that I was going to put a Burris RT-6 on. I've had the RT-6 for awhile and it has never been mounted on a rifle. I'm considering selling that for the CT instead. I had also considered the Sightmark Pinnacle 1-6x24 FFP (made by LOW in Japan) with the 300 Blackout AAC reticle that can be had for around $425, but it's an MOA-based BDC.

Last edited:
Hmm...that CT3 is intriguing. Might grab one just to have at that price.

Thanks for the link!

Razor or NX8, try and get behind both of you can. Literally the only drawback to the Razor is its weight, in every other meaningful regard it's somewhere between "very good" and "outstanding". Drop it in a 1.93 mount and prosper.

Reading comprehension hard for some people.