• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Superman comes out of the closet.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    As the mandates are forcing everyone to get vaxed soon you will be mandated to smoke the old Johnson to be taught gender neutrality.

Reactions: skolz
    I collected Fantastic Four, Batman and a few others many many moons ago,

the DC and Marvel Universe was starting to get fuckked up then, so I switched a lot indy stuff,
    Dark Horse was a good comic distributor for years,,

as far as the movies, and comics, most of them suck now,

someone, alien or not, invades or threatens to invade, superperson(s) shows up and a fight ensues,

meanwhile, during that fight, major cities get destroyed, untold millions killed, and superperson(s) are heroes,

if they were heroes, ,why is the city destroyed, ??

Question is Superman would stand chest out as the bad guy would unload his revolver into Superman's chest then when the gun is empty he throws it at Superman and he would always duck not to get hit by the gun. Didn't make sense to me, or was he light in the loafers.

9CB596D7-B33E-4172-BC7B-9703EAD7D132.gif

I collected Fantastic Four, Batman and a few others many many moons ago,

the DC and Marvel Universe was starting to get fuckked up then, so I switched a lot indy stuff,
    Dark Horse was a good comic distributor for years,,

as far as the movies, and comics, most of them suck now,

someone, alien or not, invades or threatens to invade, superperson(s) shows up and a fight ensues,

meanwhile, during that fight, major cities get destroyed, untold millions killed, and superperson(s) are heroes,

if they were heroes, ,why is the city destroyed, ??
    "Let's defeat the Super Villain AND save the city" said no super hero. Ever.

This stuff has moved into the "Twilight Zone." Next thing they'll have a gay Jesus doing St. Peter.:sick:

This stuff has moved into the "Twilight Zone." Next thing they'll have a gay Jesus doing St. Peter.:sick:
    Someone is directing the narrative by pushing homosexuality onto the sheep. Gay TV shows,NFL promoting homosexuality with their rainbow clothing and commercial's, gender neutral toy stores for the children, indoctrination in the schools of gay fantasizes .

Batman. Just Batman. There is no other "comic book hero". What's his super power? He's rich and pissed off. Fuh-king excellent.

As for the Superman thing... the "new Superman" (the son of Lois and Clark) named Jon Kent - will be the one that is bisexual. So at least they didn't change Kal El after decades upon decades of groveling over Lois. That wouldn't make any logical sense. The kid, though, alright... not inconceivable... and frankly, fine with me. If he grovels over this reporter just like his father did Lois, it'd make sense (while also being cheesy).

The problem I have is... he also needs to be... a climate activist... and an advocate for illegal immigrants... and this... and that... and this... and that... oh, and Superman. Like... the original superman was flawed. He was a shy, beat-down newspaper photographer in love with a girl, Lois Lane, who didn't even see him at first. As Superman, he had spats of evil, emotional trauma from losing his entire race (and frankly not enough of that), and struggled with the flaws of the human race that he could not solve. He was saving people and the world from overtly present danger and it would tax him, despite being effectively invincible, in ways that were not always physically draining. He was physically powerful, but it took others - and their love, rejection, or encouragement - to make him mentally powerful. Superman was kind of a character study in growing up, really.

We'll see how they develop Jon Kent's character. I could care less if he's gay, bi, or straight. If the story is played out so it is not shoving ideology down the throat of the reader, than it'll be fine. He just happens to be bisexual. Okay. I don't care about being exposed to that. If you are a dude attracted to dudes... doesn't bother me. But, if the story is interwoven with how everyone judges and hates him (or, on the opposite side, oddly and loudly supports him) because he's bisexual and he overcomes all those damn pesky XYZ people... barf. It won't work. Literally no comic book reader cares who he wants and loves, just that the story about it is well developed and what brings the Superman character into reality. Thing is, when you intermix that he also happens to be an activist and all these other obvious ideological projections, you lost the ability to artfully paint his inevitable flaws and you lost the ability to make him... human (to not be good at... everything). Like the only flaw he can have, then, is he forgot to plant a tree - that kind of crap. And if he has none (certainly none that aren't some kind of temporary projection of being "a Republican" or "a Conservative"), then he will be so far from believable the failure will be swift.

Comic book readers expect character development. In ways that are deciphered by example and nuance, by something that character tends to do (or even did once in an obscure comic that sets the foundation for the future). All that kind of stuff. They absolutely hate "being told".

Last edited:
    Reactions: Familydude
    "Let's defeat the Super Villain AND save the city" said no super hero. Ever.

Interestingly enough in the Japanese X series some of the heroes were specifically concerned about that and would make a small split in the dimension so they could fight without destroying the city. However, if the hero lost and the dimension split collapsed, well tough luck for the city.

Sooo....

Does this mean there will be a wave of middle-aged virgins voting red during the mid terms?

Or no?
    Could be. The dem’s covid bs shut down all the comic conventions. The virtual super bowl for these dudes. They may be out for blood…