• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressor wrap?

RandomWAguy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
PNW
I think I remember reading somewhere that if you have an aluminum can that its bad to use a wrap as it traps the heat in the can and can also make it louder?

Any truth to this?

There is like NO heat on a rimfire can man, maybe on a CF can that's true (I don't have an aluminum CF can so I don't know) but I wrapped my rimfire can with no issues.

I always use a wrap on my AAC Element 2 (which isn't aluminum). I would never need it for the heat, but instead use it because it looks really neat and it helps protect my suppressor from getting banged around on barricades and such.

I had thought it was just rimfire cans due to less material but sounds like nothing to worry about, thanks

Heat or no heat, they look cool! Our site is 10% off for cyber Monday!
284EA312-A360-45AC-BA4C-6C3091FCCD7F.jpeg

Heat is not an issue with rimfire cans.

Centrefire is a different story, regardless of the metal it's made from it WILL get hot.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Heat from a rimfire can, non issue. How fast the crap can build up inside a RF can, that's potentially an issue.

Other than protecting the Finnish on the can, why would you want to trap the heat?

They do look good but a potholder goes in my gear.

Mirage I forget, thanks.

I should upgrade my towle. Lol