• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surefire 556 MG

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
Surefire cans are hard to find right now but I found one in stock that’s the MG model. Besides being 5-6 oz heavier are there any downsides to these cans compared to an RC2 556? Planning to run it on my a couple of my ARs that I had been running a .30 cal surefire can on.

No downsides besides being heavier. There’s not an rc2 in stock anywhere? I would look around or get on a backorder list. The MG version is a brick

anyone had much experience with the rc3 yet?

Serious question... With all the amazing modern suppressor options out there these days that are SO MUCH better, more advanced, quieter, and better at flash mitigation, would you waste your money on a Surefire suppressor?

Serious question... With all the amazing modern suppressor options out there these days that are SO MUCH better, more advanced, quieter, and better at flash mitigation, would you waste your money on a Surefire suppressor?
Any recommendations? I haven’t read about too many cans, or any can I should say, that beat the RC2 in every metric.

Reactions: 1911hombre
Any recommendations? I haven’t read about too many cans, or any can I should say, that beat the RC2 in every metric.
Doesn't take much these days to beat a Surefire product... That test must have been from over a decade ago.

Polo.png
RC2.png

The polonium is better with flash reduction and lower back pressure as well? I’m just seeing a db chart and yes Polonium is a little more quiet.

Doesn't take much these days to beat a Surefire product... That test must have been from over a decade ago.

View attachment 8409176View attachment 8409177

Based on the metric that matters (shooters ear dBA), there is no discernible difference between the OCL and the Surefire...

I see no reason to pick the OCL over the Surefire, based on this single metric.

I'm not sure how the OCL compares to Surefire in ruggedness for hard use or back pressure. I know the Surefire is designed for that use, not sure about OCL.

The polonium is better with flash reduction and lower back pressure as well? I’m just seeing a db chart and yes Polonium is a little more quiet.

The Surefire is actually quieter at the shooters ear - the metric that really matters.

But the difference is so small that it would be indiscernible.

I believe the RC2 is designed to be low back pressure, along with other parameters optimized for AR-15/semi-auto use. Unsure about OCL in that regards - though I know they make good cans for precision use.

If you’re buying a surefire it should be an RC3. The RC2 is NOT a low back pressure can by any means.

I am considering the SiCo Velos or any of the Huxworks cans.

Already have traditional rifle suppressors and the next one will be “flow through” or a “low back pressure” style.

Reactions: kthomas
Heck, if you want low back pressure, the Huxwrx 556 Flow and new Surefire RC3 should be on your radar. The Surefire is a hard-use can as well, although that fucker is spendy.

anyone had much experience with the rc3 yet?
Rooftop Defense did an awesome demo of a bunch of cans, including the Surefire RC2 & 3, Huxwrx, and KAC on YouTube. One can per video.

Start here: